Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hold the Dark (Netflix): Starts weird and just keeps getting weirder.

Comment

• Starz is having a bad 80s movie binge fest for some reason. I love it. Revenge of the Nerds 2 was on. The Alpha Betas wore short shorts while sitting 4 deep in an indoor hot tub while smoking cigarettes. That was odd.

Comment

• Booksmart (B-)

It's a bit strained and inorganic but Dever & Beanie is a fun duo.

Comment

• Aladdin (2019)

Will Smith singing is awkward at first.... but not horrible once you adjust.

First half of the film was, surprisingly, really really good.

The third act was very.... meh. Once Jafar gets the lamp, it turns mediocre.

Overall: 7/10.

The first half was a 9.5/10...the third act cost it points but didnt kill it.
          Last edited by ibleed; 05-25-2019, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Gloria Bell (B-)

As if I needed another reason to love Julianne Moore.

Comment

• The Favourite (A-). Now THAT's what writing a mad queen looks like! Was good. Lots of great performances from the cast. Some of the camera angles and the for lack of a film term "stretched" shots were really cool. Only small complaints were the first part of the movie being slow(subjective, I suppose) and I think a lot of the general themes have been done quite a bit before. Really good movie though, awards were deserved.

Comment

• Serenity (F)

*Michael Scott cringe gif*

No chance there's a worse wide release this year.
                Last edited by worldofx; 05-27-2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Her Smell (B+)

Moss is just a force of nature on screen. One of the most suffocating films I've ever seen.

Comment

• Rocketman (C-)

Script makes absolutely no sense with the fanciful approach going on here. Oil and water.

Comment

• Originally posted by worldofx View Post
                      Rocketman (C-)

Script makes absolutely no sense with the fanciful approach going on here. Oil and water.
                      So what's gonna be next? Freddie, then Elton.

These are going to be the new comic book movies, unfortunately

Comment

• Originally posted by boomie View Post

So what's gonna be next? Freddie, then Elton.

These are going to be the new comic book movies, unfortunately
                        Todd Rundgren.

Comment

• Originally posted by riker7 View Post
                          Todd Rundgren.
                          In typical a Allman Brothers fashion, they had a movie being filmed that ended after tragedy and death.

Waldo would no but weren’t they making a Jeff Buckley movie?

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

In typical a Allman Brothers fashion, they had a movie being filmed that ended after tragedy and death.

Waldo would no but weren’t they making a Jeff Buckley movie?
                            In 1997, Buckley moved to Memphis, Tennessee, to resume work on the album, to be titled My Sweetheart the Drunk, recording many four-track demos while also playing weekly solo shows at a local venue. On May 29, 1997, while awaiting the arrival of his band from New York, he drowned during a spontaneous evening swim, fully clothed, in the Mississippi River when he was caught in the wake of a passing boat; his body was found on June 4.[5]
                            That's a story worth telling!

Comment

• Originally posted by riker7 View Post

That's a story worth telling!
                              No spoiler alert? Asshole.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

No spoiler alert? Asshole.
                                ***SPOILER*** He was on drugs. *****/SPOILER****

Comment

Working...
                                X