Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call Me by Your Name (A+)

Yep this film killed me. Scatter my ashes Somewhere in Northern Italy.

Comment

• Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (C-)

Never expected Besson to make something this boring. Cara is strangely watchable, DeHaan hilariously miscast.

Comment

• Mudbound (C)

This just really needed to be a miniseries. Well-acted and crafted but it doesn't add up to much since the film is stuck in no man's land.

Comment

• Originally posted by worldofx View Post
          Call Me by Your Name (A+)

Yep this film killed me. Scatter my ashes Somewhere in Northern Italy.
          Preview made this seem like a sappy sentimental gag fest with lots of great scenery. (To boot, Italy is my least favorite European country I've visited, though I did not go to the North).

Probably will give it a shot some time next year on stream.

Comment

• Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

Preview made this seem like a sappy sentimental gag fest with lots of great scenery. (To boot, Italy is my least favorite European country I've visited, though I did not go to the North).

Probably will give it a shot some time next year on stream.

It is the polar opposite of sentimental, but it did make me want to plan a trip to Italy immediately afterwards.

I should preface the film is strong worldofx bait on several fronts.

Comment

• NYFCC winners - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...er-way-1062967

Just relieved they went with Chalamet's incredible performance over Oldman's hamfest. The Haddish win is also awesome.

Comment

• And the LAFCA winners - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...s-2017-1063801

CMBYN success was predictable. Shape of Water badly needed this boost.

Comment

• Stronger (C+)

Maslany out-acts Jake.

Comment

• Kingsman: The Golden Circle (D+)

This movie is 141 minutes long for some reason.

Comment

• Robin Hood Men with tights came on the other day. Dave Chappell, boner jokes, the lady from the tv Wings, and a tomahawk chop reference. Good times.

Comment

• Atomic Blonde (C)

Script is a disaster but that stairwell sequence was very cool.

Comment

• War for the Planet of the Apes (D)

Level of craft is undeniable but Reeves needed to create stronger human characters in the previous two for any of this to pay off. End result is an incredibly imbalanced film that is somehow even more dour and self-serious than the last one.

Comment

• Dunkirk (B)

I really wanted to love this film...I cannot possibly be the only person who was completely underwhelmed. I went into it thinking this was going to be another sweeping epic like SPR or Thin Red Line...it was just a bit disjointed and the connections between the three storylines just seemed rushed. I normally am not for movies going longer, but this to me seemed like it could have used 10-15 minutes more to really build towards that finish. Visually it was stunning, and the sound/music was great. As a whole, I was disappointed though. Maybe its just me.

Comment

• The Taste of Tea (cha no aji)- B

Japanese movie from early 2000's that was on a list of "top surrealist" movies. Anyone that knows me well knows I have a bit of a melted surreal brain. This movie made me laugh quite a bit with it's randomness. Had some quite funny scenes an the ending was very touching. Also some great shots of the Japanese countryside. Some of it was corny and had mediocre acting...but all in all, entertaining and worth a watch if you like Japan or surrealist stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by JTrain View Post
                                Dunkirk (B)

I really wanted to love this film...I cannot possibly be the only person who was completely underwhelmed. I went into it thinking this was going to be another sweeping epic like SPR or Thin Red Line...it was just a bit disjointed and the connections between the three storylines just seemed rushed. I normally am not for movies going longer, but this to me seemed like it could have used 10-15 minutes more to really build towards that finish. Visually it was stunning, and the sound/music was great. As a whole, I was disappointed though. Maybe its just me.
                                No, I was with you. The movie was fine, just nothing special. It was missing 10-15 good minutes was my reaction and the sound in parts was overdone.

Comment

Working...
                                X