This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arc

I was just informed that Arc passed last month. Arc was a long time friend and member of ESPN, TalkNCAA, and FV. He was a friend of all, and a lover all things MSU.

You will be eternally missed Arc, and Thank You for your contributions to all of these boards.

So long to the Great Bear.

-All of us

Comment

Sad day to hear that. He was a great poster.

R.I.P.

Comment

Damn... RIP Great Bear.

Comment

Wherever you are buddy, Go Green, Go White.

Rest in peace, Bear.

Comment

Damn. He always cracked me up.

R.I.P. user Arctodus/Br'er_Bear, a definite FV HOFer.

Even his final post made me laugh.

http://fvsports.com/forum/search?r=6757512&p=1

Comment

Holy crap. When I saw this stacked, I kinda knew. I knew Arc was getting up there in age and had had some health issues of late. He'd be in the hospital for a while every now and then and then re-emerge, healthy... with a cigar in his mouth... whining about how he couldn't have a steak every night for dinner. Shit, I still half-expect him to pop up, saying something utterly offensive, and yet no one really ever getting offended. Around since the early days of ESPN, Arc was one of the good guys, even though he had few (if any) fucks to give. He hated Duke. He loved him some Izzo. I know in his heyday, he was a lawyer of some repute. Sadly, Arc's most noteworthy contribution to the humor of the forums is the one thing I can't bring myself to say... even if he'd probably want me to say it. If you know him, you know the phrase I'm talking about.

Goodbye, sir. You will be fondly remembered and definitely missed.

Comment

As someone who has posted with Arc since he first started posting on ESPN I think he deserves a proper send off.

Fuck him, he's dead, ain't he? That's what counts.

Comment

Originally posted by 152219 View Post
                  As someone who has posted with Arc since he first started posting on ESPN I think he deserves a proper send off.

I was going to...but like Deschet said, couldn't bring myself to type it out. But he deserves a great farewell, like he had sent to so many before him.

Comment

Miss you buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyFootballTrain View Post

I was going to...but like Deschet said, couldn't bring myself to type it out. But he deserves a great farewell, like he had sent to so many before him.
                      It had to be one of us old timers who did it. He would have been pissed if it hadn't been posted.

Comment

Thanks. I know old Arc smiled at that.

Comment

Sad to hear.

Do we have a link to his actual obit?

Comment

It had to be one of us old timers who did it. He would have been pissed if it hadn't been posted.
                            So true. He set the stage for it with his first post, back in 1865. Upon hearing of Lincoln's death, Arc sent his infamously snarky obit out via carrier pigeon to the nearest pony express which delivered it to the local telegraph office.

Damn. I miss that son of a bitch. He knew this was coming. I remember him saying he didn't know how much longer he was going to be posting. I blew it off, as Arc was seemingly immortal. Now, I know it was a goodbye of sorts. Delivered with the same irreverent snark that I will always remember him for.

What an amazing world in which we live; that I can meet a retired lawyer and Michigan State fan on the Internet, trash talk each other's teams like it was our motherfucking job, and even become friends, of a sort. And, one in which I can feel a profound sense of loss upon hearing of his passing.

Give the Angels Hell, Arc.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                              Sad to hear.

Do we have a link to his actual obit?

I do...I can post it if the other old timers are okay with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X