Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWT: Non-WWE Thread

I know guys like Jtrain, Retep, and myself watch non-WWE more often than others do, but here's a few tidbits from across the globe:
    • The NWA Classics 24/7 is Paul Boesch's Houston Wrestling library for now. It is the third internet/OTT wrestling network to launch in the last 18 months; New Japan World launched earlier this year. They have mentioned that the LeBell and Shire libraries could end up on this platform.
    • TNA just held what most insiders and company reps are saying was their last PPV. Their TV deal with Destination America ends in September and renewal is not likely.
    • ROH's deal on DA is a repeat of the hourly syndicated show that Sinclair networks have broadcast since the Fall of 2012. They have a 26-week deal which will also include one supershow in the Fall.
    • Lucha Underground is looking to get on a bigger U.S. market, as it is #2 in the Latino market behind WWE (LMFAO @ TNA). If you haven't watched LU, nothing bad can be said about the show.
    • New Japan's G1 Climax, a 20-man round robin split into two 10-wrestler blocks, kicks off on July 20th. Unlike in the past where the final show had 2nd place in each block take on 1st place in the other block with the winners meeting in the final, the two block winners will meet August 16th. The winner will receive an IWGP Heavyweight Title shot, and is being rumored that instead of it taking place in the fall, the winner will get his shot at WrestleKingdom 10.
    • GFW will end up on CMT or Spike. The GFW-TNA invasion angle will be what is said to be "the end" of TNA.

NJPW is a far superior in ring product to WWE right now. I've been all over it since Wrestle Kingdom 9, which is the best wrestling show I've ever seen. Dominion 7.5 was this weekend, will catch it once someone has a download for it (Considering getting NJPW World subscription for G1).

Its hard to explain NJPW to people, but the best way I can is...watch Owens-Balor again...its like that, only most matches are like that. Also, Tanahashi does a move called the slingblade (which Balor used against Owens today) and the Japanese announcer screams "SHRIINNNGBRADE!!!!"...that alone is worth watching NJPW.

Comment

NJPW, Lucha Underground and ROH are all on TV nowadays.

What a fucking time to be alive.

Comment

too much wrestling, not enough time honestly. between all of this, and the goldmine that is the network.

Comment

NJPW Dominion getting rave reviews. Collective opinion seems to be 4 amazing matches, 2 of them MOTY candidates including a classic between Okada and Styles. Download finished last night, will be watching it later.

Comment

the finishing sequence of okada/styles was absurd.

Comment

Is this real wrestling or fake wrestling?

Comment

Originally posted by biasedHAMILTON View Post
                Is this real wrestling or fake wrestling?
                it's still real to me damnit

Comment

Originally posted by Miniterp View Post
                  it's still real to me damnit
                  Question still unresolved. Please escalate ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by biasedHAMILTON View Post

Question still unresolved. Please escalate ticket.

Restart your computer and call us back.

Comment

Originally posted by Miniterp View Post
                      the finishing sequence of okada/styles was absurd.

Look at you watching NJPW. Im impressed. Does Jugs McGee watch wrasslin' with you?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyFootballTrain View Post

Look at you watching NJPW. Im impressed. Does Jugs McGee watch wrasslin' with you?
                        i just saw a gif of the ending posted on another site. didn't watch the match

she falls asleep no matter what is on the tv

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyFootballTrain View Post

Restart your computer and call us back.

I just clicked the button on the TV part twice and nothing happened.

Comment

who from TNA goes to WWE?

Comment

Originally posted by SEC_MAN View Post
                              who from TNA goes to WWE?
                              they already got samoa joe. not sure anyone else is worth it? don't follow though. i kind of figured the invasion angle, they might just get absorbed by GF

Comment

Working...
                              X