Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 National Signing Day

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by JTrain View Post
    Rivals has us 4th and 24/7 has us 3rd. The composite is low because ESPN(which we all know sucks ass) has us 8th.

    Comment


    • #17
      Bama bag men really have it down to a science.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

        Rivals has us 4th and 24/7 has us 3rd. The composite is low because ESPN(which we all know sucks ass) has us 8th.
        Link me to anyone outside of Rants mind that has you 3rd kiddo.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by JTrain View Post

          Link me to anyone outside of Rants mind that has you 3rd kiddo.
          https://www.oregonlive.com/recruitin...ing-class.html

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
            LMFAO an Oregon website.

            Not 3rd on 247, not 3rd on Rivals, not 3rd on ESPN.

            Not 3rd anywhere but your little quackling mind, Just like Buckner is a possible dpoy and pro bowler while being 50th in sacks, worse than 50th in tfls, worse than 100th in pressures and tackles...dude, stop trying to talk football with me. You are embarrassing yourself.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post

              I've never seen a true rebuild at FSU. Its hard to watch.
              Norvell is supposedly going to focus on the transfer portal to get more experienced players that can help next year. The team is mostly composed of underclassmen at this point and the caliber of HS players we are getting won't be ready to make a major impact (for the most part) until year 2 or 3. We need to get lucky with the portal ala Miami this year and use those wins to attract higher caliber players in 2022.

              Comment


              • #22
                We currently have the 107th-ranked class in the country. If only we had a big church to funnel money into bringing kids to our cult of a program and fanbase. Oh well.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Gyle View Post
                  We currently have the 107th-ranked class in the country. If only we had a big church to funnel money into bringing kids to our cult of a program and fanbase. Oh well.
                  Y'all 'sposed to be SEC

                  Cheat better dammit

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

                    Jawja and LSU have pretty consistently recruited within striking distance of the big 3.
                    Georgia had the highest rated recruits of any team this year. Pretty sure I saw that somewhere.

                    Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Tennessee signed a solid class given how shitty he year went. Texas high school player.od the year at QB is a great need obviously. Defensive signings look solid. Think offensive signings outsode.of qb is a C.

                      B- I'm early period. A+ if you take into account the season. Leaving 4-5 spots for the college free agent market. Big need at edge rusher, qb depth, and some safety help.

                      Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Hamp View Post
                        Tennessee signed a solid class given how shitty he year went. Texas high school player.od the year at QB is a great need obviously. Defensive signings look solid. Think offensive signings outsode.of qb is a C.

                        B- I'm early period. A+ if you take into account the season. Leaving 4-5 spots for the college free agent market. Big need at edge rusher, qb depth, and some safety help.

                        Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
                        Who was the last SEC QB who was born/developed in the South that had major success? Stafford? Tebow?

                        Tua was from Hawaii, Burrow from Ohio....

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

                          Who was the last SEC QB who was born/developed in the South that had major success? Stafford? Tebow?

                          Tua was from Hawaii, Burrow from Ohio....
                          Burrows main family are Nebraskans. Scott Frost just fucked that one up.

                          Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

                            Who was the last SEC QB who was born/developed in the South that had major success? Stafford? Tebow?

                            Tua was from Hawaii, Burrow from Ohio....
                            Off the top of my head...Mac Jones, Kyle Trask, Trevor Lawrence. Not really sure I follow your question. I would assume every year?

                            Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk



                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Hamp View Post
                              Off the top of my head...Mac Jones, Kyle Trask, Trevor Lawrence. Not really sure I follow your question. I would assume every year?

                              Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk


                              The point is that, for every other position, where the SEC dominates turning out NFL and top flight players, their QB development and NFL talent lags behind at both the college and HS level. Many of the top QB's are from Texas or the West.

                              When did Tennessee last have a "Good" QB? Peterman transferred. Dobbs wasn't too bad...Erik Ainge from Oregon?

                              Oklahoma, Oregon and USC have good NFL prospect QB's nearly every year. Heck, Fresno State has turned out more local quality NFL QB prospects than LSU.

                              Trevor Lawrence qualifies as an FVSports SEC player I suppose. The other 2? Not really sure about them as top flight QB's/pro prospects. Jones plays with one of the best all-time WR corps in college football. Don't see him as anything special.

                              I suppose the answer to my question though would have been Dak Prescott.
                              Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 12-22-2020, 04:36 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Trask looks like a good NFL prospects. Jones does look good but I mean his WRs are wide ass open. I'd suggest it's a product of the SEC being focused on Defense and getting a qb to manage the game the last decade or two. That's changed. So if we are mainly talking about getting to the NFl?

                                I really don't know. I'd have to look that up.

                                UT qbs that at made it to NFL recently?

                                Matt Simms(2012-2019)
                                Dobbs(2017-present)
                                Tyler Bray(2013-present)
                                Jonathan Crompton(2010-2012)
                                Erik Ainge(2008-2010)

                                That's back to 2007.

                                None have made significant contributions in the NFL.

                                Another reason could be that the south tends to put best athlete at QB which doesn't translate to college QB. Ie: eric berry played qb in high school.

                                Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X