Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTrain View Post
    Rivals has us 4th and 24/7 has us 3rd. The composite is low because ESPN(which we all know sucks ass) has us 8th.

Comment

Bama bag men really have it down to a science.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

Rivals has us 4th and 24/7 has us 3rd. The composite is low because ESPN(which we all know sucks ass) has us 8th.
        Link me to anyone outside of Rants mind that has you 3rd kiddo.

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post

Link me to anyone outside of Rants mind that has you 3rd kiddo.
          https://www.oregonlive.com/recruitin...ing-class.html

Comment

LMFAO an Oregon website.

Not 3rd on 247, not 3rd on Rivals, not 3rd on ESPN.

Not 3rd anywhere but your little quackling mind, Just like Buckner is a possible dpoy and pro bowler while being 50th in sacks, worse than 50th in tfls, worse than 100th in pressures and tackles...dude, stop trying to talk football with me. You are embarrassing yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post

I've never seen a true rebuild at FSU. Its hard to watch.
              Norvell is supposedly going to focus on the transfer portal to get more experienced players that can help next year. The team is mostly composed of underclassmen at this point and the caliber of HS players we are getting won't be ready to make a major impact (for the most part) until year 2 or 3. We need to get lucky with the portal ala Miami this year and use those wins to attract higher caliber players in 2022.

Comment

We currently have the 107th-ranked class in the country. If only we had a big church to funnel money into bringing kids to our cult of a program and fanbase. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gyle View Post
                  We currently have the 107th-ranked class in the country. If only we had a big church to funnel money into bringing kids to our cult of a program and fanbase. Oh well.
                  Y'all 'sposed to be SEC

Cheat better dammit

Comment

Jawja and LSU have pretty consistently recruited within striking distance of the big 3.
                    Georgia had the highest rated recruits of any team this year. Pretty sure I saw that somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Comment

Tennessee signed a solid class given how shitty he year went. Texas high school player.od the year at QB is a great need obviously. Defensive signings look solid. Think offensive signings outsode.of qb is a C.

B- I'm early period. A+ if you take into account the season. Leaving 4-5 spots for the college free agent market. Big need at edge rusher, qb depth, and some safety help.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamp View Post
                        Tennessee signed a solid class given how shitty he year went. Texas high school player.od the year at QB is a great need obviously. Defensive signings look solid. Think offensive signings outsode.of qb is a C.

B- I'm early period. A+ if you take into account the season. Leaving 4-5 spots for the college free agent market. Big need at edge rusher, qb depth, and some safety help.

Who was the last SEC QB who was born/developed in the South that had major success? Stafford? Tebow?

Tua was from Hawaii, Burrow from Ohio....

Comment

Who was the last SEC QB who was born/developed in the South that had major success? Stafford? Tebow?

Burrows main family are Nebraskans. Scott Frost just fucked that one up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Off the top of my head...Mac Jones, Kyle Trask, Trevor Lawrence. Not really sure I follow your question. I would assume every year?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamp View Post
                              Off the top of my head...Mac Jones, Kyle Trask, Trevor Lawrence. Not really sure I follow your question. I would assume every year?

The point is that, for every other position, where the SEC dominates turning out NFL and top flight players, their QB development and NFL talent lags behind at both the college and HS level. Many of the top QB's are from Texas or the West.

When did Tennessee last have a "Good" QB? Peterman transferred. Dobbs wasn't too bad...Erik Ainge from Oregon?

Oklahoma, Oregon and USC have good NFL prospect QB's nearly every year. Heck, Fresno State has turned out more local quality NFL QB prospects than LSU.

Trevor Lawrence qualifies as an FVSports SEC player I suppose. The other 2? Not really sure about them as top flight QB's/pro prospects. Jones plays with one of the best all-time WR corps in college football. Don't see him as anything special.

I suppose the answer to my question though would have been Dak Prescott.
                              Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 12-22-2020, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Trask looks like a good NFL prospects. Jones does look good but I mean his WRs are wide ass open. I'd suggest it's a product of the SEC being focused on Defense and getting a qb to manage the game the last decade or two. That's changed. So if we are mainly talking about getting to the NFl?

I really don't know. I'd have to look that up.

UT qbs that at made it to NFL recently?

Matt Simms(2012-2019)
                                Dobbs(2017-present)
                                Tyler Bray(2013-present)
                                Jonathan Crompton(2010-2012)
                                Erik Ainge(2008-2010)

That's back to 2007.

None have made significant contributions in the NFL.

Another reason could be that the south tends to put best athlete at QB which doesn't translate to college QB. Ie: eric berry played qb in high school.

Comment

Working...
                                X