Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sam Huard vs. Ty Thompson thread

I'm always on the lookout for the "next great" Oregon QB. I've recently called Mariota(when he was an unknown 2*) and Justin Herbert(when he had 2 D-1 offers). Ty Thompson is a lot more heralded, but yeah, he looks like he's it.( Nobody on our current roster is it. I think Shough is going to be solid, but not spectacular). UW currently has committed 5* Sam Huard(son of the Damon Huard, the UW QB who threw the most famous INT in UW history against Oregon). Sam is one of the top rated QB's in the 2021 class but Thompson(a 4* from Arizona) may also end up a 5* after being a consensus top 2 QB at the Rivals Elite 11 camp.

I don't really have a strong take yet because I haven't seen Huard at all, but this thread will track their careers like I did with Mariota/Herbert.

https://n.rivals.com/news/fact-or-fi...-s-best-o-line

2) Ty Thompson will be better than Sam Huard.

Farrell’s take: FACT. This is speculative but that’s the game here despite the name Fact or Fiction.
    Ty Thompson
    , the Oregon commitment, and
    Sam Huard
    , committed to Washington, will be compared for years as long as each keeps developing. And while Huard is ranked as a five-star and higher than Thompson, I feel that Thompson has more upside and potential in the long run. He’s big, mobile and has great arm talent. He’s further from his ceiling than Huard is. I liked Thompson on film and loved him in my film breakdown of the Elite 11. I have had a few questions about Huard being a five-star. This will be fun to watch.

Gorney’s take: FICTION. There has not been a player in the West region who has proven himself more than Thompson this offseason and phenomenal performances at the Rivals Camp in Los Angeles and the Elite 11, and he could be in the five-star discussion at the position. But Huard could be in the discussion as the best quarterback in this class because of his arm ability and especially his accuracy. The Washington commit almost never throws a bad ball, he’s a quiet leader on the field and he’s really exciting to watch. Both are great quarterbacks but Huard still holds the edge.
Working...
X