Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac-12 2021 Recruiting

USC ranked #5 overall and having a good year. They are benefiting from COVID a bit(local guys staying home a bit more), but they also did some real work on improving their recruiting staff in the offseason. Most of their high ranked guys are skill guys, but I do like the front 7 guys on defense they have so far.

Oregon is ranked #7 overall so far and has been on a hot streak. We've been awful recruiting WR's, but we hired some ACE recruiter at the position from the fine establishment of South Carolina. (apparently got canned as OC, but is a great WR recruiter). So this year, we are cleaning up there. If not for Ohio State, we'd have the best OL class in the country. As long as Cristobal is here, I'm confident we're going to recruit well on the OL.

I'm curious to watch more on Ty Thompson's tape(QB) to see if he might be the next great Oregon QB or not. Not super confident in anyone on the current roster leading us to the playoff territory. Jaddarius Perkins is unrated as a Juco player, but he's going to be an absolute baller at DB. Probably Jevon Holland's replacement after this season.

Whether we have another solid top 8-12 class or leap into top 5 discussion depends on the battle with USC for Foreman(#1 ranked DL/#1 ranked overall) who backed out of his Clemson commit. He's probably USC at this point, but if Helton has another dumpster of a season, you never know.

Cal actually has the 3rd ranked class in the Pac-12, which is ranked in the 30's.

ASU was doing a LOT of talking about taking over recruiting in SoCal against us after they beat us this year and took away some recruiting analyst from us, but we are recruiting all the best players from Arizona, 2 years running now.

UW is a team to keep an eye on as they have 2 of the nation's 7 top recruits in J.T. Tuimolaoau(Eastside Catholic) and Emeka Egbuka in their back yard. Both are thought to be Ohio State leans, but with Covid and Tui's family all out west, UW is a team to watch. I think a lot depends on how Lake looks in year 1. They could end up with 3 5* players in the class with Sam Huard headlining thus far.

I also think OSewe is putting together a decent class. They've hit on some transfers 2 years in a row now and got a really solid 4* RB from Jefferson in Portland. I would be surprised if Jonathan Smith doesn't have them getting back to the 6-6 7-5 days shortly.

UCLA is on the radar as a top 50 class, but nobody else is really worth mentioning.

Sounds like we might have lost Xavier Worthy to Michigan last minute based on mom. Guy could be the next DeSean Jackson or the next Derrick Jones.

Comment

Foreman and JT are getting real interesting.

Comment

Kingsley.

U$C, keep Helton forever.

Comment

Do you think there will be any impacts from not playing this season? Or do you think Pac kids will simply sign without the real game visit experience?

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post
            Do you think there will be any impacts from not playing this season? Or do you think Pac kids will simply sign without the real game visit experience?
            Yes. Especially at the smaller schools like WSU/OSU. I imagine it may cost us a recruit or 2, but almost all our commits had a chance to visit.

The weird aspect of this is that there's going to be a year where Pac-12 roster sizes and scholarships will be over the limits and the NCAA is going to have to adjust the rules to allow it. There may be additional transfers as a result of "overcrowding", but we'll see.

More likely than not, Oregon is going to have a top 5 class and USC top 10, however.

So to answer the question, minimal impacts for 2021 for UO/USC, Bigger impacts at some other schools, not sure beyond that, but it's still going to be impactful to some degree in the 2022 class at minimum..

Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 09-09-2020, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

Yes. Especially at the smaller schools like WSU/OSU. I imagine it may cost us a recruit or 2, but almost all our commits had a chance to visit.

The weird aspect of this is that there's going to be a year where Pac-12 roster sizes and scholarships will be over the limits and the NCAA is going to have to adjust the rules to allow it. There may be additional transfers as a result of "overcrowding", but we'll see.

More likely than not, Oregon is going to have a top 5 class and USC top 10, however.

Thats what i was thinking about. Im sure there will be a eligibility forgiveness for kids who didn't play or have significantly shorter seasons due to covid. This could lead to, as you said, overcrowding....but with the transfer portal in play, could also leave to talent playing their last season at another school or conference.

Comment

The other aspect to this is that it could actually lead to a competitive advantage for some teams in the Pac-12 and B1G, because they'll be allowed to have more players on scholarship during 2021 than other conferences.

Lord knows, Pac-12 can use all the help it can get.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
                  The other aspect to this is that it could actually lead to a competitive advantage for some teams in the Pac-12 and B1G, because they'll be allowed to have more players on scholarship during 2021 than other conferences.

Lord knows, Pac-12 can use all the help it can get.
                  That could also be a disadvantage. With 15 more players, playing time could be curtailed

Comment

Current Overall Rankings Nationally:

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Fo...eTeamRankings/

UW has moved up a bit. Heard Jimmy Lake bragging about how all his 3* kids were ranked higher on UW's board than the recruiting services had 4 and 5* kids.

Cal is doing a really solid job as is ASU.

If anyone has really fallen off the map in Pac-12 recruiting, it's Stanford.

Oregon is currently 3rd nationally and may be able to finish in the top 5 if they can land JTT or Foreman. Our OL class is nutty.

Comment

Working...
                    X