X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODT: 2019 Early Signing Day

It is here.

Post all notable news here.

LSU landed NG Apu Ika the #1 player in Utah. He’s drawn comparisons to Haloti Ngata. Love that fit for him in the LSU defense.

Comment

What's it like rooting for a team that pulls a top-5 signing class?

We got like 5-4 stars this year. Woo. Fucking. Hoo.

Comment

Zach Harrison to Ohio State. Tough break for Michigan after leading all year.

Comment

ESPN actually said that Urban leaving helped with Harrison. I haven’t followed this kid’s recruitment, but I thought that was interesting. I realize from a stability standpoint, it makes sense, but that’s funny to hear.

Comment

Trey Sanders to Alabama.

Comment

KeShawn Toney, our area's top player, signed this morning with South Carolina. Nothing groundbreaking, but pretty cool stuff to see a kid from small-town South Carolina at a school with 256 students earn his way into a P5 scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by gulfcoastbiased View Post
                LSU landed NG Apu Ika the #1 player in Utah. He’s drawn comparisons to Haloti Ngata. Love that fit for him in the LSU defense.
                Siaki Ika. Apu is his middle name. Was Oregon's top guy on their board, but he seemed to love the SEC/LSU. Build is a little different than Haloti(who I'm hoping is someday an NFL HOFer(borderline?), but good fucking luck running the ball in there when Ika is in the middle.

Will take him a year or 2 to get his stamina up to SEC level where he can play every down, but he's already ready to go from day 1 in short yardage or 1st down situations and dominate.
                Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 12-19-2018, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Criddell to the Gooners.

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post
                    What's it like rooting for a team that pulls a top-5 signing class?

We got like 5-4 stars this year. Woo. Fucking. Hoo.
                    No idea, this is our first time. (Although our class with Buckner/Armstead that led to 2014 was criminally underrated).

I'd imagine it raises expectations with the fan base quite a bit and increases blame on coaches.

Comment

As for Oregon, the class is seemingly very good and well spread out.

I'll do the full analysis on signing day.

The main thing we whiffed on was all our NT prospects(Ika being the most recent; so we will need to add a NT before February signing, even if he's a developmental 2-3 star kid, they're out there.

I think our WR's are really strong in this class, and boy do we need it, especially if Mitchell leaves early(which he should). Waters and Pittman both have a lot of hype.

Comment

Ty Robinson to Nebraska. Big get for Frost.

Comment

Tennessee did nothing today besides land who they should have. No surprises either way. No we wait for Crouch, Wright, and Eric Gray

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by worldofx View Post
                            Zach Harrison to Ohio State. Tough break for Michigan after leading all year.
                            You landed a bad ass OKC kid today, though

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

He told the LSU staff to call him Apu, so that’s all they’ve been calling him. He’s going to be a blast to watch going forward and he will be enrolling next month as an added bonus. LSU’s starting NG Ed Alexander just declared for the draft, so there will be plenty of playing time for Ika and current backup Tyler Shelvin.

Comment

Working...
                              X