Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early signing has killed NSD

change my mind.

It just moved the excitement to December for stable programs . This date really is only for teams with coaching changes. Stable programs have the hay in the barn in December.

Tennessee did go 2/2 today with wins over Florida and FSU so good day for us.

Comment

Early signing day has made NSD more about the local kids and the smaller programs, which is awesome. Those kids are grabbing more local headlines now than they did before, when they'd lose out to the big university (or universities) in their home state. I think it's great. It's been huge for our area, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Gyle View Post
        Early signing day has made NSD more about the local kids and the smaller programs, which is awesome. Those kids are grabbing more local headlines now than they did before, when they'd lose out to the big university (or universities) in their home state. I think it's great. It's been huge for our area, that's for sure.
        Do you mean schools are taking lower kids so they can secure then in December? What it looks like to me is unsigned kids in December get recruited harder than they would have in the past because the school wants to fill their class up. So I think it's created more opportunities for lower rates kids in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamp View Post
          Do you mean schools are taking lower kids so they can secure then in December? What it looks like to me is unsigned kids in December get recruited harder than they would have in the past because the school wants to fill their class up. So I think it's created more opportunities for lower rates kids in that regard.
          What I mean is that the kids going to mid-majors, FCS, Division II, NAIA, etc. aren't overshadowed by every top-100 player on the February signing day, because those guys have already signed. In our state, Clemson signed no one and South Carolina signed four – with Burch obviously being the giant headline. That opens things up for the smaller schools and players to shine more than they used to.

I agree about the unsigned kids. Guys who maybe weren't getting much love earlier in the process get those chances. Dallan Wright from near our area was apparently an afterthought until he blew up in the playoffs and state championship game, and even then he only very recently landed that Virginia Tech offer.

Comment

Working...
          X