Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What position in recruiting correlates to the most wins?

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What position in recruiting correlates to the most wins?

Curious as to if anyone has crunched the #'s on this one.

I would presume defensive line...FSU, Bama, Ohio State, Clemons all seemed to kill it there..

I think it's a draw between DL and OL

But then again, if I'm right, Stanford will be really good soon since they landed two elite OTs

Comment

The players who do the most bending over make all the difference.

Comment

Trenches for sure.

Comment

Yeah, has to be up front. If you look at Alabama any given year, most of their skill players aren't that impressive. They're not making up most of the highlight reel by seasons end, they just take the opportunities they're given and execute at a high level. You don't have to be that fast if you're running through a massive hole.

Comment

I do wonder if anyone's actually written this up or tracked it for public viewing.

I think linebacker and safety are incredibly important positions too. I think * rating for OL is very overrated(possibly the most, in fact, so I'd disagree with you all there.

Thinking about it a bit more, I would say:

1. D-Line
            2. Linebackers
            3. Quarterback

Comment

1. Doggy
              2. Reverse cowgirl
              3. Cowgirl
              4. Jackhammer

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
                Yeah, has to be up front. If you look at Alabama any given year, most of their skill players aren't that impressive. They're not making up most of the highlight reel by seasons end, they just take the opportunities they're given and execute at a high level. You don't have to be that fast if you're running through a massive hole.
                Alabama doesn't have impressive skill players? Seems like they putt a massive amount of skill players in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamp View Post

Alabama doesn't have impressive skill players? Seems like they putt a massive amount of skill players in the NFL.
                  Yeah, and what percentage are stars? For every Julio, there's three corners who make a living getting burned, and for every solid back, there's there's a slew of bad QBs. Alabama wins games due to controlling the line of scrimmage.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Yeah, and what percentage are stars? For every Julio, there's three corners who make a living getting burned, and for every solid back, there's there's a slew of bad QBs. Alabama wins games due to controlling the line of scrimmage.
                    Pretty sure they win games by putting more points on the board than their opponents, but I'm just guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

Pretty sure they win games by putting more points on the board than their opponents, but I'm just guessing.
                      Durrrr

Comment

Working...
                      X