Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zion Williamson to Duke!

That’s #1, #2, and #3 in the class with the top point guard to boot... the #8 player. Quite the haul. Best in at least a decade.

Remember when Coach K used to whine about "One and Does"? Yep, it was horseshit.

Comment

Still got to sign, of course. One of the in-state schools could do some serious fundraising before then

I really, really like Tre Jones. His game is so nice.

Comment

It was kind of surreal to see a fucking high school kid picking a school make the crawl with the NFC/AFC title games but espn gonna espn.

Comment

Originally posted by Canedude08 View Post
          Remember when Coach K used to whine about "One and Does"? Yep, it was horseshit.
          Heh... sure. But, I think Krzyzewski has gone after the top-echelon kids the whole time. Think Grant Hill or Laettner would have stuck around in the current climate? How about Battier or Brand? Jay Will? Most of these kids would be one-and-done today. So, the climate changed in college basketball. I think Krzyzewski had to adapt, true. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Gyle View Post
            Still got to sign, of course. One of the in-state schools could do some serious fundraising before then

LOL... if you really want to see some fun conspiracy theories, grab a beer or two and head over to Rupp Rafters. It's holy-fuck hilarious to see that place right now. The Kentucky fans lost their shit... like, more than normal.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
              It was kind of surreal to see a fucking high school kid picking a school make the crawl with the NFC/AFC title games but espn gonna espn.
              Given the state of quarterbacks in the title games? Heh...

Comment

Not sure why. Apparently we weren't even in the Top 4.

Cal needs to get shit right. No Top 5 recruits since Skal in 2015. This team is a fucking dumpster fire.

He's giving jobs to his boys like Tony Barbee who get fired from Auburn.

Time to do some soul searching bub, K is kicking your ass.

Comment

Cal has always stated his #1 focus was on the kid's futures. I'd say when you compare K and Cal's stats in that regard, you can tell who cares more about the individual players.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post
                    Cal has always stated his #1 focus was on the kid's futures. I'd say when you compare K and Cal's stats in that regard, you can tell who cares more about the individual players.
                    Can you? You think you can definitively say Cal cares more about his kids than Krzyzewski? I don’t think that Calipari doesn’t care for his kids. I think he does. I think most coaches care about their kids. The narrative that Krzyzewski does not is beneath you, Cat. I expect better of you than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Can you? You think you can definitively say Cal cares more about his kids than Krzyzewski? I don’t think that Calipari doesn’t care for his kids. I think he does. I think most coaches care about their kids. The narrative that Krzyzewski does not is beneath you, Cat. I expect better of you than that.
                      Haters gonna hate. That's what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by boomie View Post
                        Not sure why. Apparently we weren't even in the Top 4.

Cal needs to get shit right. No Top 5 recruits since Skal in 2015. This team is a fucking dumpster fire.

He's giving jobs to his boys like Tony Barbee who get fired from Auburn.

Time to do some soul searching bub, K is kicking your ass.
                        I’m not sure either, although from my brief perusal of Rupp Rafters, it had as much to do with timing, that is to say, his announcement came just as you all were playing, and ultimately losing, to Florida (yes... that should have been called a foul, and you should have won). It wasn’t all the fans there, but a vocal minority, who collectively lost their shit. The implosion was mentioned by the media!

You all lost your best recruiting assistant. That allowed Capel to get a foot in the door of many recruits. The fact that any season now could be Krzyzewski’s last likewise may be playing a factor. The truth is, you guys have a great recruiting class next year. Would Zion have been the cherry on top? Yes.

As a Duke fan, I know that I have to temper my expectations with regards to recruiting. Some on RR simply think that getting the best recruits every year is a birthright as a Kentucky fan. It isn’t. Not for any team. Nor does it mean that Krzyzewski, Calipari, Roy or anyone else is doing so by shady means... a common trope held by fans of any team not getting the best of the best.

Personally, I don’t think either Calipari or Krzyzewski or Roy are cheating. Recruiting has ebbs and flows.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Don't put words in my mouth. But do look at the records.

Comment

Originally posted by Gyle View Post

Did you get to see Will Richardson at all?

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

Did you get to see Will Richardson at all?
                              Nope, somehow I missed out on E1T1 this year. I fully expected to see them in one of the playoff games, but they got blasted in the first round. I didn't see that coming at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X