Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5* RJ Barrett Recruitment Thread

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 5* RJ Barrett Recruitment Thread

    Top 2018 prospect. This is where we all pretend we have a shot until Kentucky ultimately lands him.

  • #2
    I would be shocked if UK didn't get him

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by boomie View Post
      I would be shocked if UK didn't get him
      Shittu and him together would mean a Final 4 for pretty much any top 25 program. They are both very, very good with high ceilings. Thought Oregon was a lock for Shittu, then he blew up over last Spring/summer.

      Comment


      • #4
        Kansas.

        Just like the last great Canadian prospect, he's going to piss off a lot of Kentucky fans.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Silky_Johnson View Post
          Kansas.

          Just like the last great Canadian prospect, he's going to piss off a lot of Kentucky fans.
          Kansas isn't in his top 5.

          Comment


          • #6
            Kentucky has never really gotten any of the top wing prospects (since... MKG?), but I assume that's where Barrett will land.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RetepAdam View Post
              Kentucky has never really gotten any of the top wing prospects (since... MKG?), but I assume that's where Barrett will land.
              Depends what you consider Jamal Murray.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

                Depends what you consider Jamal Murray.
                A combo guard. Certainly not a 3.

                Comment


                • #9
                  It's a battle between Duke and Kentucky... and Oregon. Duke might have the inside track for now. He just finished his Kentucky visit and said it was, "alright." But really... these kids are pretty savvy at this point and know how to send the media on a red herring. So, we'll see. He says he will know by November and doesn't want to be a late hold-out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Deschet View Post
                    It's a battle between Duke and Kentucky... and Oregon. Duke might have the inside track for now. He just finished his Kentucky visit and said it was, "alright." But really... these kids are pretty savvy at this point and know how to send the media on a red herring. So, we'll see. He says he will know by November and doesn't want to be a late hold-out.
                    Who are Duke's best one and dones? Barrett might be their best ever if he goes there..He's better than Okafor...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

                      Who are Duke's best one and dones? Barrett might be their best ever if he goes there..He's better than Okafor...
                      Right now, it's Kyrie. At least in terms of NBA success. At Duke? Okafor/Winslow/Tyus Jones.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Deschet View Post

                        Right now, it's Kyrie. At least in terms of NBA success. At Duke? Okafor/Winslow/Tyus Jones.
                        Oh yeah, forgot about Kyrie bc he was injured for a good chunk of the year.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

                          Oh yeah, forgot about Kyrie bc he was injured for a good chunk of the year.
                          When we played MSU that year, and Kyrie made their PG, widely thought of as one of the best out there, look like he was walking through mud, I knew he'd be one of our best.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Looks like he's going to Duke.

                            Rumors are one of Duke's 5 stars will not play for them based on this FBI thing.

                            Just a rumor but the overwhelming favorite would be Bagley for sure.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by boomie View Post
                              Looks like he's going to Duke.

                              Rumors are one of Duke's 5 stars will not play for them based on this FBI thing.

                              Just a rumor but the overwhelming favorite would be Bagley for sure.
                              Well, cancelled his Michigan visit and Arizona is out per family. So leaves UK, Duke, Oregon. Does seem like Dook is the favorite.

                              Oregon looking good for 5* PF Emmitt Williams.
                              Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 09-28-2017, 12:31 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X