Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 NBA Finals OST: Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs

A fitting rematch of last year's all-time classic series.

Time to take my beta blockers

Comment

Definitely the series I wanted. Spurs should have beaten Miami last year, heres hoping that if they get into position to win it this year, that they step on DBitche's throat and finish them.

Comment

They are certainly the favorite.

Comment

All depends on officiating and Parker's health IMO. If LeBron gets away with what he did in the Indiana series, Popovich will get 2-3 T's and Heat in 6. Otherwise, Spurs in 7.

Comment

Wow, so we're already blaming the REFS!! Geno, is that you?

Comment

Hopefully, this isn't just a mirror of the Bulls/Jazz rematch from the end of their second threepeat, and San Antonio is actually even better equipped to take down the Heat this year than they were when they should have done it last year.

Comment

Heat vs Spurs

Folks, we have found our Lakers vs Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
                  Heat vs Spurs

Folks, we have found our Lakers vs Boston.

Comment

Red Holzman, George Mikan, George Yardley, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, John Havlicek, Wes Unseld, Julius Erving, Larry Bird, Dennis Rodman, Horace Grant, Robert Horry, Steve Kerr, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade.

At least one of those players has appeared in every single NBA Finals (per Arturo Galletti).

You could also swap Grant/Kerr for Jordan/Duncan, but what fun would that be?

Comment

This 7 game series is stretched out over 16 days. I find that to be a bit obnoxious. It's already starting a week after the conference finals, which both went 6 games, ended.

The NBA has to figure out a way to truncate their postseason. We may not crown a champion until June 20. The Playoffs started April 19. I mean...wtf guys?

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post
                        This 7 game series is stretched out over 16 days. I find that to be a bit obnoxious. It's already starting a week after the conference finals, which both went 6 games, ended.

The NBA has to figure out a way to truncate their postseason. We may not crown a champion until June 20. The Playoffs started April 19. I mean...wtf guys?
                        So that the sports hole where all we get is MLB can last even longer?

Comment

Spare me.

Comment

Originally posted by KarmellReuben View Post

So that the sports hole where all we get is MLB can last even longer?
                            NHL Playoffs is on. If you don't like such a long offseason, ask the NFL to start earlier and finish in December instead of February. Extending the NBA playoffs over 2 months isn't a good solution to the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

NHL Playoffs is on. If you don't like such a long offseason, ask the NFL to start earlier and finish in December instead of February. Extending the NBA playoffs over 2 months isn't a good solution to the problem.
                              So the NBA playoffs are too long but the NHL playoffs are ok?

Aren't they roughly played out over the same time span?

Comment

Working...
                              X