Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The FSU disrespect has gone too far

The CFP Committees job is actually pretty easy.

1. Michigan
    2. Washington
    3. Alabama
    4. FSU

The committee avoids the awkward Bama-Texas discussion by stating that Alabama is the clear #3 by virtue of winning the best league and beating the clear #1 prior to this weekend.

So the real debate is FSU or Texas at 4. FSU was 4 and UT 7 last week. Do morons actually think that win over Oklahoma State is enough to overcome that gap? The win over Alabama is impressive but they also lost to a shit Oklahoma team.

You cannot leave out an unbeaten P5 team. Also, this ain't Wake Forrest or some shit. This is Florida State - a top 10 program over the past 40 years including the last BCS national champ.

As for playoff sites you send Alabama to Pasadena.

Debate me and samnite fuckers.

Originally posted by Silky_Johnson View Post
    The CFP Committees job is actually pretty easy.

1. Michigan
    2. Washington
    3. Alabama
    4. FSU

The committee avoids the awkward Bama-Texas discussion by stating that Alabama is the clear #3 by virtue of winning the best league and beating the clear #1 prior to this weekend.

So the real debate is FSU or Texas at 4. FSU was 4 and UT 7 last week. Do morons actually think that win over Oklahoma State is enough to overcome that gap? The win over Alabama is impressive but they also lost to a shit Oklahoma team.

You cannot leave out an unbeaten P5 team. Also, this ain't Wake Forrest or some shit. This is Florida State - a top 10 program over the past 40 years including the last BCS national champ.

As for playoff sites you send Alabama to Pasadena.

Debate me and samnite fuckers.
    So Texas beating Bama at Alabama is meaningless? H2h should always be the tie breaker in anything in life imo.

Comment

Yep. If the games don't matter then why even play them?

Comment

gonna laugh when they just put Georgia at #4 and have them obliterate Michigan.

Comment

Apparently it still had one more step to take.

Comment

What a joke of a sport, I will be watching zero bowl games this year. CBB season has begun where no undefeated will be left out.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boomie View Post
              Yep. If the games don't matter then why even play them?
              that's like saying if criminals are gonna break the law why have laws?

FSU has the weakest SOS and the ACC has only 1 team in the top 15.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

that's like saying if criminals are gonna break the law why have laws?

FSU has the weakest SOS and the ACC has only 1 team in the top 15.
                Ya know, we don't give you enough credit. Most just think you are a moron on the politics board. Truth is, you are just as big a moron on the sports side too. Its impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post

Ya know, we don't give you enough credit. Most just think you are a moron on the politics board. Truth is, you are just as big a moron on the sports side too. Its impressive!
                  Dude - all FSU has to do is beat UGA and silence everyone
                  Last edited by sctrojan; 12-03-2023, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I am not really sure what to say. I guess the media got what they wanted in the end. All we can do is try to win the bowl game. I am disappointed for the dudes that gave up draft capital to come back only to be not given an opportunity to compete for the title at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by samnite View Post
                      I am not really sure what to say. I guess the media got what they wanted in the end. All we can do is try to win the bowl game. I am disappointed for the dudes that gave up draft capital to come back only to be not given an opportunity to compete for the title at the end.
                      Dude, I would give my left kidney to get your DC. You guys have an amazing Defense. All those guys are going in the first 3 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

Dude, I would give my left kidney to get your DC. You guys have an amazing Defense. All those guys are going in the first 3 rounds.
                        We wanted to run our DC out of town until this season when our players finally learned how to execute the system. He is good but I think it's more the level of talent and experience at all levels we had this year.

Comment

lol ,"FSU will be more motivated than Georgia" the spin is already beginning for FSUs bowl game from ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by BiasedHuckeye View Post
                            lol ,"FSU will be more motivated than Georgia" the spin is already beginning for FSUs bowl game from ESPN.
                            It's taken some time to kind of process all of this for me. I kind of feel like I how I felt the night when Travis got injured. It felt like fate stole something from the team undeservedly. I know life is not fair as an adult now so there is not much to be gained from complaining but it was brutal to watch for those kids who endured so much over the losing years. I wanted to see the kids who stuck around and turned the program around actually get a chance to complete the redemption story.

Playing Georgia in the Orange Bowl sounds like a nice matchup in theory but who knows how many players will opt out? UGA going from #1 to out of the playoffs by having one loss in the SEC CCG is also pretty devastating for them. We dragged our feet way too long with the 4 team playoff model. Ironically the ACC was partly to blame for delaying the expanded playoff by a year since they felt the SEC/B1G expanding meant they would get more teams in the field and decrease the odds of the ACC winning the title. I guess in the end the SEC got its wish with Bama and Texas (future SEC) both in but in a smaller 4 team model.

In a way, this feels like the old school 90s when you could get fucked out of a final top 2 by bad luck or weird voting. We had a great year and I felt that Travis's injury was going to fuck us over somehow by causing us to lose to UF or UL. We managed to win those games somehow and I am grateful for that at least. We have not won the ACC since 2014 so winning the league was my minimum goal to call the year a success. We should be motivated to complete the undefeated season and beating the 2 time defending champs would be great for our program in recruiting so I have no doubt that Norvell will be able to motivate whoever stays to play in it.

Comment

Its still not the right call, but if I was FSU's AD/President I would have been on the phone with the B1G or SEC seconds after that Bama logo went up and asked what we can do to facilitate a move immediately. I wouldn't care about a fee, being sued, fuck that, fuck the ACC, I'm out.

Comment

Working...
                              X