Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
    UW offered Cambell 7mil+ and he declined. They went with DeBoer. Has a great record as HC. We'll see if he can recruit with the big boys.
    Its not a home run, but maybe a stand up double. Campbell was gonna be a tough hire (esp with Notre Dame open).

The hope from the fandom is he brings Tedford along to be OC.

Honestly, considering the hell thats breaking loose they probably did well to get a solid guy and hunker down while the sport tears itself apart.

Comment

So, as I read more here, Lincoln Riley is taking his toys with him. Recruits, starters entering the transfer portal. Oklahoma is gonna be in rough shape next year.

Comment

College football feels like it has changed for the worse now that these coach salaries have exploded. If this trend continues then at what point do college football coaches make more than NFL coaches? Have we already reached that point? You could argue that college coaches have harder jobs with recruiting and less time to prepare immature/inexperienced kids for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by samnite View Post
          College football feels like it has changed for the worse now that these coach salaries have exploded. If this trend continues then at what point do college football coaches make more than NFL coaches? Have we already reached that point? You could argue that college coaches have harder jobs with recruiting and less time to prepare immature/inexperienced kids for the season.
          I know what you mean. When I'm watching the games and in the heat of the moment, I'm invested in what's going on and I have a great time. Outside of that, it's pretty hard for me to justify what goes on at this point or wrap my head around it. I know it's possible that I was just young and naive before, but it definitely seems like the sport has lost something, and I'm not sure if it'll ever get it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
            Jeff Tedford says he's healthy and wants to get back to coaching.

Enjoy that one, Pollaski
            Shit...Enjoy DeBoer instead, Pollaski . Great young coach with quite the track record, but a very limited recruiting history.

Maybe Tedford will come home to the Valley...But, probably not. He's going somewhere to get paid before his next heart surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

His contract has to be massive. Like, "are you fucking serious? where do I sign" massive.
              Just last week, Kelly said he planned to retire at Notre Dame, but said "if the tooth fairy comes along with a $250 million check, I'm gonna have to run it by the wife first".

Who knew the tooth fairy lived in baton rouge?

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

Shit...Enjoy DeBoer instead, Pollaski . Great young coach with quite the track record, but a very limited recruiting history.

Maybe Tedford will come home to the Valley...But, probably not. He's going somewhere to get paid before his next heart surgery.
                Wasn't who I expected... and I respect the hell out of Fresno, so I'm sad that we're hurting them by stealing their coach. But its a promising young hire.

Its kinda funny that both DeBoer and Dickert are young (Dickert's younger than I am!), and got here from outside FBS... or even Division 1 for that matter. DeBoer went to and coached at NAIA powerhouse Sioux Falls before finally getting his feet wet in assistant coaching, and Dickert bounced around DIvision II until landing a job at Wyoming.

With luck, these two hotshots can make the Apple Cup relevant again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post

Wasn't who I expected... and I respect the hell out of Fresno, so I'm sad that we're hurting them by stealing their coach. But its a promising young hire.

Its kinda funny that both DeBoer and Dickert are young (Dickert's younger than I am!), and got here from outside FBS... or even Division 1 for that matter. DeBoer went to and coached at NAIA powerhouse Sioux Falls before finally getting his feet wet in assistant coaching, and Dickert bounced around DIvision II until landing a job at Wyoming.

With luck, these two hotshots can make the Apple Cup relevant again.
                  DeBoer is a solid coach, and his track record with offenses speaks for itself. The players loved him. He continued rekindling the culture Tedford started bringing back from the DeRuyter debacle, and he recruited well for a midmajor. He still couldn't break the Boise curse, obviously, and the team didn't play with the best discipline since Tedford stepped down, but he'll be a good-to-great coach for UDub before long...As long as they give him a chance to get his own cycle of players in there.

Comment

So I wonder why Bob Stoops or Les Miles aren't getting back into the game?
                    Sweater vest is wasting his time in Youngstown state
                    Last edited by sctrojan; 11-30-2021, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

And they can’t afford to pay the players…

Comment

Comment

Lol @ Kelly only getting 9.5, get a new agent.

Comment

Is it safe to come out now?

Comment

Working...
                                X