X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Muschamp is a phone call away

Comment

Originally posted by worldofx View Post

Matt Campbell, P.J. Fleck, Luke Fickell, basically any college coach who has proven they can run a successful program with fewer resources than USC has. And I don't want anyone with even a trace of a history with USC.

Also wouldn't mind going the NFL OC route if it's someone exciting like Eric Bieniemy or Joe Brady.
      Isn’t your AD the one who hired Luke Fickell at Cincinnati?

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

Isn’t your AD the one who hired Luke Fickell at Cincinnati?

Yes.

Comment

Always interesting to see opinions on the best time to fire a lame duck coach. Helton was obviously on a short leash heading into this season and one loss to Stanford was enough to cut the cord. From a recruiting and program perspective is USC saying we are sacrificing this season to be 1st in line for the best candidate at the end of the season? Are they sacrificing this year's recruiting class more readily with the knowledge that the transfer portal is now a viable option with the easier rules?

FSU had 2 new coaching changes in the December signing period era and it really screwed up our recruiting/roster until things became less restrictive with transfers last year (COVID extra years helped somewhat too). It used to be better to fire a coach right after kids signed LOIs but I guess now any time is fair game.

Comment

Originally posted by samnite View Post
            Always interesting to see opinions on the best time to fire a lame duck coach. Helton was obviously on a short leash heading into this season and one loss to Stanford was enough to cut the cord. From a recruiting and program perspective is USC saying we are sacrificing this season to be 1st in line for the best candidate at the end of the season? Are they sacrificing this year's recruiting class more readily with the knowledge that the transfer portal is now a viable option with the easier rules?

FSU had 2 new coaching changes in the December signing period era and it really screwed up our recruiting/roster until things became less restrictive with transfers last year (COVID extra years helped somewhat too). It used to be better to fire a coach right after kids signed LOIs but I guess now any time is fair game.

They're saving this year's class because the Helton stench was killing recruiting. Donte Williams being the temporary face of the program is fine since kids love him.

Comment

Originally posted by samnite View Post

I've been watching too many SEC shorts episodes to think the transfer portal is going to suck away all our 5• recruits if we don't land Stoops or Franklin or Petersen.

I mean JT Daniels got the fuck outta dodge and now is threatening the livelihoods of all SEC DCs

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
                I've been watching too many SEC shorts episodes to think the transfer portal is going to suck away all our 5• recruits if we don't land Stoops or Franklin or Petersen.

I mean JT Daniels got the fuck outta dodge and now is threatening the livelihoods of all SEC DCs
                Lol. No.

Comment

The only thing Daniels is threatening is the inflated hopes of UGA fans.

Comment

https://www.secsports.com/statistics...g/passingYards

Passing Statistics
                    1. Will Rogers, QB 664 72 96 75.00 6.92 40 5 1 4 148.21
                    2. Matt Corral, QB 662 43 65 66.15 10.19 49 6 0 4 182.17
                    3. Bryce Young, QB 571 46 65 70.77 8.79 94 7 0 2 180.10
                    4. Connor Bazelak, QB 551 55 83 66.27 6.64 63 6 1 3 143.48
                    5. Will Levis, QB 546 28 44 63.64 12.41 62 5 2 5 196.28
                    6. Max Johnson, QB 491 44 73 60.27 6.73 45 6 1 4 141.16
                    7. Ken Seals, QB 433 47 77 61.04 5.62 31 2 2 4 111.65
                    8. Bo Nix, QB 383 29 39 74.36 9.82 42 5 0 1 199.16
                    9. Zeb Noland, QB 335 26 45 57.78 7.44 48 5 1 3 152.53
                    10. Haynes King, QB 300 22 35 62.86 8.57 53 2 3 2 136.57
                    11. KJ Jefferson, QB 266 26 40 65.00 6.65 45 1 2 2 119.11
                    12. Emory Jones, QB 264 31 49 63.27 5.39 35 2 4 1 105.67
                    13. Joe Milton III, QB 189 18 35 51.43 5.40 40 1 0 5 106.22
                    14. Zach Calzada, QB 183 18 39 46.15 4.69 29 1 1 1 88.90
                    15. JT Daniels, QB 135 22 30 73.33 4.50 21 0 1 1 104.47
                    Last edited by riker7; 09-16-2021, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by worldofx View Post

They're saving this year's class because the Helton stench was killing recruiting. Donte Williams being the temporary face of the program is fine since kids love him.
                      But is Donte Williams going to remain on staff with the new regime? If the new rules allowing programs to replace transfers with new players (25 new players plus a set number of roster spots based on how many you lose to the transfer portal) pass then USC should be fine I think. I just know FSU is still years behind at several spots due to Jimbo not recruiting his final year (2017) and having to fire Taggart in 2019. The pandemic limiting visitation was the cherry on top too.

Comment

Lmfao Cristobal and Urban and Franklin are all saying NO WAY to the USC job.

USC president needs to be fired for allowing Urban to be hired by Jax

Comment

That douchey writer in Florida asked Gus Malzahn if he had any interest. Malzahn in LA. Yeah.

Comment

Urban may be run outta Jacksonville sooner than people think.
                            https://www.insider.com/urban-meyer-...ng-hard-2021-9

Comment

"Like playing Alabama every week..."

Comment

Urban may be run outta Jacksonville sooner than people think.
                                NBC News: Video of Jacksonville Jaguars coach Urban Meyer in Ohio bar is 'inexcusable,' team owner says.
                                https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-team-n1280851

Last edited by sctrojan; 10-05-2021, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X