X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TANK JOB OF THE WEEK: Week 2

Previous 2021 winners:

Week 1: Washington (Montana 13-7)

An extra blue bloody version of the TJOTW this week! THe nominees are...

FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES (Jacksonville State 20-17)
    It doesn't matter who FSU's opponent was- the defensive effort on the last play would have gotten the Noles on here regardless. That it happened to an FCS team just makes it all the more.

OHIO BOBCATS (Duquesne, 28-26)
    Against the FCS Dukes, Ohio took the opening kickoff back for six, and had it 13-3 five minutes into the game. They promptly surrendered 22 straight points, and the comeback failed with nine seconds left when their desperate two point conversion attempt was broken up.

OHIO STATE BUCKEYES (Oregon, 35-28)
    Two touchdown favorite Buckeyes suffer their first home loss in four years and their first ever loss in ten games to the Ducks thanks to a leaky D and some suspect throws.

TEXAS LONGHORNS (Arkansas, 40-21)
    Texas' first excursion to its future conference home ends badly as the Hogs roll for 333 rushing yards in a win that was even easier than the score would indicate.

USC TROJANS (Stanford, 42-28)
    Heavily favored, ranked Trojans team completely upended by an unranked, struggling Stanford squad with already an embarassing loss. Feels like we've seen this movie before.
    FLORIDA STATE
    46.15%
    OHIO
    0%
    OHIO STATE
    30.77%
    TEXAS
    15.38%
    USC
    7.69%

The poll is expired.

tOSU is probably the biggest surprise. No one is shocked FSU lost to Jacksonville State. Texas and USC are comical but neither of those teams was going anywhere this season.

Comment

But wait a second...I thought they banned abortions in Texas? Somebody needs to let the cops know about this Longhorn team.

Comment

USC

Comment

Texas isn’t good. I have no idea why they were ranked.

Comment

IMO, Texas and FSU are 1a and 1b.

Texas because LMFAO at them being ranked to begin with, and absolutely squandering the gift of a ranking they got.

FSU because.... well.... that one speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
              Texas isn’t good. I have no idea why they were ranked.
              $€£¥.

Comment

Writing in Colorado State.

Comment

Honerable Mention for just sheer "giggle factor"... plus I didnt want to start a new thread and this is the best spot to go.

LSU has ruled one of their starting HB's as "academically ineligible" for the rest of the year.

Okay that happens, but what is the "official reason" being given by LSU? ..... He took a class over the summer that he was told to take by LSU and it turned out to be the wrong class so now he's ineligible because.... he did what he was told to do.

LMFAO at LSU.

Comment

Originally posted by ibleed View Post
                    Honerable Mention for just sheer "giggle factor"... plus I didnt want to start a new thread and this is the best spot to go.

LSU has ruled one of their starting HB's as "academically ineligible" for the rest of the year.

Okay that happens, but what is the "official reason" being given by LSU? ..... He took a class over the summer that he was told to take by LSU and it turned out to be the wrong class so now he's ineligible because.... he did what he was told to do.

LMFAO at LSU.
                    You had better read your catalog and understand it because your advisor doesn't give a shit about you. That was my most important college lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post

You had better read your catalog and understand it because your advisor doesn't give a shit about you. That was my most important college lesson.
                      When I arrived on campus as a naive, cum-filled freshman, the first two things the orientation guide did were

1) Hand me a course catalog.

2) Said "This motherfucker is your bible. No matter what anybody says - be it student, teacher, councilor, or the motherfucking Pope- you abide by this if you want to graduate."

I never forgot that.

Comment

FSU is so bad that we can't even win this shit going away (is the 3 laughing emojis a Jtrain copyright or are we allowed to do it too?)

Comment

Originally posted by samnite View Post
                          FSU is so bad that we can't even win this shit going away (is the 3 laughing emojis a Jtrain copyright or are we allowed to do it too?)
                          The lesson here is if you are going to schedule a FCS team schedule one from another state. Ones in your state come out full of piss and vinegar. SFA was trying to kick our ass and everything that could go wrong did. Luckily we pulled it out.

Comment

Every coach says those are the worst games but schools keep scheduling them.

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post

Agreed on the surface, but athletes literally have all this shit done for them...So, yeah...The school fucked him. No other way to say it.

Comment

Working...
                              X