Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y'all Tracking Paddy the Baddy? (Random Combat Sports Thread)

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y'all Tracking Paddy the Baddy? (Random Combat Sports Thread)

Like most, I found out about him recently. Maybe a month ago...Didn't watch his UFC debut live, but watched a recording when I came in to work... He might have the toughest jaw in the sport. He leaves himself wide the fuck open a lot. He's tough as nails. He's skilled. He's smart about getting to the UFC on his own schedule. He's far from ready to challenge for the belt, but if he goes for a two-year slow burn ascension to tune up, he might could compete at that level...He's so young (26), so there's no point in rushing...The biggest mistake fighters make.

Anyway... If y'all aren't tracking, this kid is fucking hilarious. A brilliant entertainer...Obvious comparisons to McGregor, but this kid is way funnier and more polished at such a young age. I guess we'll eventually learn WTFF a "scouser" is.

But why the Russian figure skater hair?

Comment

Some of those aerial grapples are fun as hell to watch.

Conor, when he was serious, was an absolutely elite striker in terms of his precision. We'll see if Paddy can develop, but he's entertaining for sure, will be tracking him now.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
        Some of those aerial grapples are fun as hell to watch.

Conor, when he was serious, was an absolutely elite striker in terms of his precision. We'll see if Paddy can develop, but he's entertaining for sure, will be tracking him now.
        And that's legit why I wanted to make sure this kid (he's REALLY a kid) was tracked by everyone that even casually watches UFC... I don't know WTFF he's saying most the time, but when I can figure it out, I'm laughing or impressed...

He's either the future of the sport, or he's the newest fun story to discuss...But, at 26, we have a long fucking time to find out which way this goes...I'm ready to take this journey.

Comment

Dude is certainly entertaining to watch but I can't help to think the shots he takes from not covering up will shorten his career. Still, fun as hell to watch, and I love the fact he throws elbows when tied up. Nothing is more infuriating than watching people try to throw a punch in those situations.

Comment

That Nick Diaz fight was strange

Comment

I think Ortega comes home with the belt tonight...UNLESS he's in his own head, and he's back to a middling competitor...

Comment

Ortega definitely wins for the best entrance. 'Cause, you know, that matters

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
                  I think Ortega comes home with the belt tonight...UNLESS he's in his own head, and he's back to a middling competitor...
                  Welp...Consider me among the many to underestimate Volkanovski...He just demoralized Ortega. Great fight.

Round five, let's go!

Comment

Good lineup.

Crazy how fast things change in this sport. About a year ago, Gaethje was a main event fighter....Now he's the highlight of the undercard.

It'll be my first weekend to drink again, so I'll probably miss the whole card

Comment

That Nick Diaz fight was strange
                      Really wanted to catch that fight. Going to look for it shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by BChris View Post

Really wanted to catch that fight. Going to look for it shortly.
                        It's...uhh...It's weird.

Comment

It's...uhh...It's weird.
                          That was hard to watch at times. He was out of it from the beginning, making little to no effort at times.

Comment

Originally posted by BChris View Post

That was hard to watch at times. He was out of it from the beginning, making little to no effort at times.
                            Yeah...I didn't wanna' give anything away. He was just so lackadaisical and flippant about even being there. He toughed it out for a bit, but there's no way you're gonna' get headbutt and punched in the face a bunch of times if your heart isn't there...Such a strange fight.

Comment

Working...
                            X