Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumors swirling around Big 12 going to 14 schools, 12 for all sports

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by riker7 View Post
    Boise State is a regional school with a nationally recognized football team. I worked with quite a few grads and none of them were roofers. All the car dealership employees I met in Boise were California transplants. I don't know any English-speaking roofers.
    I do, but he owns the company and also speaks French.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

      I do, but he owns the company and also speaks French.
      Tres bien.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

        I do, but he owns the company and also speaks French.
        Yeah...I know five or six roofers...All white...

        Laborers, sure. Actual professional roofers? They all speak English...Kind of a requirement in an English-speaking (not by law) country.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

          Quite a difference...UCF is the largest school in the country...They're more relevant on a collegiate level than any team anyone roots for in this thread. Boise State is brand new with partial qualifiers across the board...One of the few remaining schools to take functional retards and pass them through the system before dumping their not-quite-NFL-ready asses out the other end to work at car dealerships and roofing companies.

          Comparing an actual university to Boise is comical and just shows how blind people are when it comes to sports.
          I can see both sides of this living in this area. UCF is actually a fairly solid university, if too big in my opinion, with a wide range of major choices. On the other hand, Orlando area fans are shit. Granted most of them are FSU/UM/UF fans, the UCF fans aren't much different.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

            I can see both sides of this living in this area. UCF is actually a fairly solid university, if too big in my opinion, with a wide range of major choices. On the other hand, Orlando area fans are shit. Granted most of them are FSU/UM/UF fans, the UCF fans aren't much different.
            Man, if I had a nickel

            Comment


            • #21
              Is it commonplace everywhere for roofers to start insanely early, stop for lunch mid day and take a power nap after lunch? I’ve seen that practice several times around here where there’s a half built roof and five or six guys asleep in the front yard.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

                Quite a difference...UCF is the largest school in the country...They're more relevant on a collegiate level than any team anyone roots for in this thread. Boise State is brand new with partial qualifiers across the board...One of the few remaining schools to take functional retards and pass them through the system before dumping their not-quite-NFL-ready asses out the other end to work at car dealerships and roofing companies.

                Comparing an actual university to Boise is comical and just shows how blind people are when it comes to sports.
                Apparently they think UCF is Alabama.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

                  Apparently they think UCF is Alabama.
                  That was dumb sports fanaticism, and they have every right to say what they said. I'm just saying Boise is a tiny school in the middle of nowhere known for nothing in the education world, and UCF is the largest university in the country...Basically, the annual graduating class is the size of BSU's (and most mid-major schools) total enrollment. Vastly different realms of conversation.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                    Is it commonplace everywhere for roofers to start insanely early, stop for lunch mid day and take a power nap after lunch? I’ve seen that practice several times around here where there’s a half built roof and five or six guys asleep in the front yard.
                    Yes. You ever been on a roof in the summer?

                    If it's 105 heat index, on the roof is about 125-140.

                    A buddy in Phoenix (HVAC guy) once showed me the readings for his job site, and it was 172 on the roof of a downtown high rise. That's serious - one hundred seventy two degrees.

                    So, yeah...Start really fucking early. Hit the morning goal. Puff your lunch...Wait for the heat to plateau, and then finish the afternoon goal.
                    Sleeping in the yard isn't really professional, but it's better than three dead laborers rolling down the slope into the backyard.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Apparently we had a softer offer for the Pac 10 after Pac 10 media day. But it was going to be 33% for the first year and 66% the next year with no help on the Big 12 exit fees and we couldn't make that work.

                      Cinci, Houston, and BYU make a stronger basketball conference than say OU, UT, and A&M. Football not so much. I've never met a Houston graduate. It's a commuter school that people don't have pride in going to.

                      Also Cincinnati Chili is neither Chili or Spaghetti. But the Cinci people are excited to be in the Big 12 and already have a flag.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

                        Man, if I had a nickel
                        Sadly not a problem I share.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I honestly don't see the appeal, but my school would be left out so maybe that's just sour grapes on my part.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            G-Vegas is lightyears better than Boise and has significantly more attractive students than AFA...That's why you wanna' travel to those far off places...So, random though. G-Vegas is a quiet and quaint little college town...At least shit on an actual shithole like Cincinnati which offers nothing to visiting teams/fans.

                            The "mega" midmajor conference is coming, and it's gonna' be hilarious which schools consider themselves more important than others in the process...Sounds kinda' familiar...Anyone been to the airport in Denver recently?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
                              G-Vegas is lightyears better than Boise and has significantly more attractive students than AFA...That's why you wanna' travel to those far off places...So, random though. G-Vegas is a quiet and quaint little college town...At least shit on an actual shithole like Cincinnati which offers nothing to visiting teams/fans.

                              The "mega" midmajor conference is coming, and it's gonna' be hilarious which schools consider themselves more important than others in the process...Sounds kinda' familiar...Anyone been to the airport in Denver recently?
                              That Denver airport meeting room sure does get a lot of use. Looks like the Cowboys weren't invited this time, though.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                My son left his baseball hat at the Denver Airport aonth ago. If anyone finds it let.me know.

                                Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X