Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumors swirling around Big 12 going to 14 schools, 12 for all sports

Per The Athletic, BYU is DEFINITELY back on their radar this time and is a logical candidate to join by 2023 at the earliest, but for football only with other sports staying in the West Coast Conference.

Hearing rumblings that Boise State will also receive a football-only invite, but where they park their other sports will be an issue: Big Sky is at 14 members, which means either that conference splits or Boise ends up in the Big West or WCC, despite the West Coast Conference being all private institutions.

The other four which would be all sports would be UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, and Memphis.
    • Of course, Memphis brings money with FedEx and a decent basketball school (which would give us KU-Memphis games annually).
    • Same goes with Cincinnati, who has upgraded facilities and also would bring more to basketball.
    • UCF has outstanding facilities and I think because of their satellite campuses puts them third in enrollment behind Texas and Ohio State.
    • Houston seems to be on the map to practically replace the loss of another Texas school.
    Looks like the divisions will be East and West
    • Cincinnati, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Memphis, UCF, West Virginia
    • Baylor, Boise State, BYU, Houston, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech

They will also rebrand as the Medium XII

Comment

I'd happily trade Boise for SMU. Hell, I'd trade Boise for UC Davis.

Comment

I am just so happy I'm going to get to see Texas get destroyed every week in the SEC. Makes me feel all warm inside.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
          I am just so happy I'm going to get to see Texas get destroyed every week in the SEC. Makes me feel all warm inside.
          Missouri is close to .500 in the SEC. Texas won't lose much more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post

They added Oklahoma so Missouri is now a little less than .500.

Comment

Well, it doesn't help that Tennessee and South Carolina are not good any more and might not be for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by nutt View Post
                Per The Athletic, BYU is DEFINITELY back on their radar this time and is a logical candidate to join by 2023 at the earliest, but for football only with other sports staying in the West Coast Conference.

Hearing rumblings that Boise State will also receive a football-only invite, but where they park their other sports will be an issue: Big Sky is at 14 members, which means either that conference splits or Boise ends up in the Big West or WCC, despite the West Coast Conference being all private institutions.

The other four which would be all sports would be UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, and Memphis.
                • Of course, Memphis brings money with FedEx and a decent basketball school (which would give us KU-Memphis games annually).
                • Same goes with Cincinnati, who has upgraded facilities and also would bring more to basketball.
                • UCF has outstanding facilities and I think because of their satellite campuses puts them third in enrollment behind Texas and Ohio State.
                • Houston seems to be on the map to practically replace the loss of another Texas school.
                UCF has the highest enrollment in the country. Their satellite campuses put them over 100k.

Comment

BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, and Houston to the Big 12 for all sports.

BYU may join next year or in 2023, with the other three in 2024.

Comment

So KSU vs OKST for the CCG every year with a bid to the playoffs on the line.

I can go with that....

Comment

My understanding there was a huge drop off after BYU, Cinci, UCF, and Houston in the data they were looking at. Nobody really wanted to add Houston but apparently schools like Memphis and others didn't add enough. Assurances were given by CFP and NCAA if they add all 4 teams the Big 12 will remain a Power 5 conference going forward.

Word is BYU will retain some of their third-tier rights and may not receive a full revenue distribution share. All new members will begin with a partial distribution share that increases in small increments every year.

I'd happily trade Boise for SMU. Hell, I'd trade Boise for UC Davis.
                      You should never want to add Aggies to your conference.
                      Last edited by TTURedRaider; 09-06-2021, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

My understanding there was a huge drop off after BYU, Cinci, UCF, and Houston in the data they were looking at. Nobody really wanted to add Houston but apparently schools like Memphis and others didn't add enough. Assurances were given by CFP and NCAA if they add all 4 teams the Big 12 will remain a Power 5 conference going forward.

Word is BYU will retain some of their third-tier rights and may not receive a full revenue distribution share. All new members will begin with a partial distribution share that increases in small increments every year.

You should never want to add Aggies to your conference.
                        I don't think you understand how annoying Boise is. Imagine a school with a history that makes Miami look like a blue blood, academics on par with ITT Tech, and an ego Longhorns would say needs to be toned down.

Comment

I don't think you understand how annoying Boise is. Imagine a school with a history that makes Miami look like a blue blood, academics on par with ITT Tech, and an ego Longhorns would say needs to be toned down.
                          I dunno these UCF folks seem to be the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

I dunno these UCF folks seem to be the same way.
                            Quite a difference...UCF is the largest school in the country...They're more relevant on a collegiate level than any team anyone roots for in this thread. Boise State is brand new with partial qualifiers across the board...One of the few remaining schools to take functional retards and pass them through the system before dumping their not-quite-NFL-ready asses out the other end to work at car dealerships and roofing companies.

Comparing an actual university to Boise is comical and just shows how blind people are when it comes to sports.

Comment

Boise State is a regional school with a nationally recognized football team. I worked with quite a few grads and none of them were roofers. All the car dealership employees I met in Boise were California transplants. I don't know any English-speaking roofers.

Comment

Working...
                              X