Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samnite
    replied
    Jaguars-Raiders will be the NFL HOF Preseason game. First time the Jags have been in the game since 1995. Likely we are in it since Tony Boselli is getting enshrined.

Leave a comment:

• ivegostdacityblues
    replied
    Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
    When east coast teams bitch about it, people listen.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...on-per-report/
    Buffalo is on the east coast?

Leave a comment:

• FuqMizzou
    replied
    When east coast teams bitch about it, people listen.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...on-per-report/

Leave a comment:

• samnite
    replied

They have the 4th worst in the NFL and need to clear 22 million just to get to zero.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Then lets not get into their draft picks as of they have no picks in the first 4 rounds next year.

Going to be rough
    Yeah. We'll see how much patience they have with a young HC once he loses the talent advantage.

Leave a comment:

• FuqMizzou
    replied
    Originally posted by samnite View Post

Oh for sure. They knew they were selling their souls for the short-term. To their credit though, they did win the title though. Now they have a long rebuild ahead unless the vets take pay cuts.
    They have the 4th worst in the NFL and need to clear 22 million just to get to zero.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Then lets not get into their draft picks as of they have no picks in the first 4 rounds next year.

Going to be rough

Leave a comment:

• samnite
    replied

The Bengals should have won, being a six year fan isn't deserving of a title..... The Rams are going to shit anyway as they mortgaged their cap and draft for this.
    Oh for sure. They knew they were selling their souls for the short-term. To their credit though, they did win the title though. Now they have a long rebuild ahead unless the vets take pay cuts.

Leave a comment:

• FuqMizzou
    replied
    Originally posted by samnite View Post
    Maybe all of those LA Football fans prefer the LA Chargers?
    The Bengals should have won, being a six year fan isn't deserving of a title..... The Rams are going to shit anyway as they mortgaged their cap and draft for this.

Leave a comment:

• boomie
    replied
    Back when men were men

Leave a comment:

• samnite
    replied
    Maybe all of those LA Football fans prefer the LA Chargers?

Leave a comment:

• FuqMizzou
    replied
    Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

Are they bbq restaurants?
    Yes and they know how to deal with snow.w

Leave a comment:

• tOSUfanboi2
    replied

The Rams are going to move from a stadium they paid for from a top 2 market?
    LA isn't a top 2 football market. Maybe for media and intravenous drug use, but not football. I wasn't aware they paid for their own stadium though.

But yeah, there's a reason teams have moved before and that parade is a good demonstration of why. A sports team without any fan support and the spending they bring is.. what exactly? Then again, Miami seems to keep teams somehow.

Leave a comment:

• CheaterMichael
    replied
    Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Some sports can, but it's not a football town and I think they're going to move again. I remember there being empty seats all over the Coliseum when USC was on a 30 some game winning streak. If that (and the low prices that came with it) didn't put asses in seats, then I don't think anything will.
    The Rams are going to move from a stadium they paid for from a top 2 market?

Leave a comment:

• tOSUfanboi2
    replied

The Lakers came from Minnesota and the Dodgers came from Brooklyn. I think sports can work in LA.

I’m going to go out on a limb and assume the Rams will be ok if they have to dismantle the team in a few years while streaming and network services outbid themselves to death.
    Some sports can, but it's not a football town and I think they're going to move again. I remember there being empty seats all over the Coliseum when USC was on a 30 some game winning streak. If that (and the low prices that came with it) didn't put asses in seats, then I don't think anything will.

Leave a comment:

• ivegostdacityblues
    replied
    Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

I don't get why teams want to be in LA. I guess it makes sense for the Lakers and maybe the Dodgers, but football? They'd probably get better attendance and fan support in Biloxi, MS.

And before anyone says money, please stop. Just being in the NFL makes you a multibillion-dollar organization, the rest is just marketing and on-field performance.

Attendance will be fine because LA is a warm weather city and away fans will travel in the winter to go. If the Eagles play there I could go and spend a long weekend in 75 degree weather, sit by a beach, and go see my team play in a fancy ass football stadium. It just might not be home attendance that's too high.

Leave a comment:

• ivegostdacityblues
    replied
    Here were the streets of Philly. Ram's fans just have other things to do.

I literally couldn't get reception to meet up with people I was trying to meet up with that day. Cincy would have had a very good parade. LA is so transient, and they just never bought into football like they have basketball and baseball.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X