Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
    Probably the greatest moment I ever saw in person was the time Brian McRae charged the Rangers dugout.
    Either that or the 2008 NASCAR Kansas race where Carl Edwards cornerbombed Jimmie Johnson on the last turn, couldn't hold it, smacked the wall, still finish second,, then explained in the post race interview that "it worked in the video games so I thought I'd try it"
    I'll also add in the three Copa America games I went to. First, the Peruvians were an absolute joy to be around,and their massive party in the street after they beat Haiti was fun to be swept up in. Then getting to see Messi play- everyone went nuts when he came out of the tunnel without his bib on after the half. And then seeing the USMNT dispatch Venezuela in the knockout round.

Watching on TV though
    - Sherman's tip is #1. Full stop. I spent like ten minutes having no clue what to do with myself after that
    - The ball going over Peyton Manning's head in the Super Bowl. Everything else after that felt like a dream.
    - The last five minutes of the 2005 NFC Title game,when the reality that the Hawks were actually going to the Super Bowl set in. The atmosphere at Wings Central was insane.
    - The Montlake Miracle. After the Huskies being pathetic for so long, shocking USC was a great way to come out of the dark ages. I wore my carpet out pacing in that game.
    - The Chalmers Shot. I almost stormed out of my friends house because Kansas was blowing it so badly. Obviously glad I didn't.
    - Svi's long three to tie up Duke in the 2018 Elite Eight. I crapped on Svi somuch for two years, and he redeemed himself with one glorious shot. Sure KU got rolled by Nova in the next game, but what you gonna do?
    - King Felix''s perfect game I just caught the last couple innings, but watching him finish that off was magical.
    I was at Atlanta for Edwards' first Cup win. We were sitting at the exit of turn 4 and couldn't tell who won until it was announced:

I also met Carl Edwards at Bristol and was at Talladega when he got together with Keselowski and went into the fence.

Comment

Seeing the Chiefs win their first SB in my lifetime
      Watching Nebraska pound it on the ground in 94' up Miami's ass after waiting 11 years since 83' to win their first NC in my lifettime
      Obviously KU in 08'
      Finally the Royals run in the playoffs in 14'(first undefeated playoff run even though they lost the WS) and the title in 15'

Comment

Probably the greatest moment I ever saw in person was the time Brian McRae charged the Rangers dugout.
        Either that or the 2008 NASCAR Kansas race where Carl Edwards cornerbombed Jimmie Johnson on the last turn, couldn't hold it, smacked the wall, still finish second,, then explained in the post race interview that "it worked in the video games so I thought I'd try it"
        I'll also add in the three Copa America games I went to. First, the Peruvians were an absolute joy to be around,and their massive party in the street after they beat Haiti was fun to be swept up in. Then getting to see Messi play- everyone went nuts when he came out of the tunnel without his bib on after the half. And then seeing the USMNT dispatch Venezuela in the knockout round.

Watching on TV though
        - Sherman's tip is #1. Full stop. I spent like ten minutes having no clue what to do with myself after that
        - The ball going over Peyton Manning's head in the Super Bowl. Everything else after that felt like a dream.
        - The last five minutes of the 2005 NFC Title game,when the reality that the Hawks were actually going to the Super Bowl set in. The atmosphere at Wings Central was insane.
        - The Montlake Miracle. After the Huskies being pathetic for so long, shocking USC was a great way to come out of the dark ages. I wore my carpet out pacing in that game.
        - The Chalmers Shot. I almost stormed out of my friends house because Kansas was blowing it so badly. Obviously glad I didn't.
        - Svi's long three to tie up Duke in the 2018 Elite Eight. I crapped on Svi somuch for two years, and he redeemed himself with one glorious shot. Sure KU got rolled by Nova in the next game, but what you gonna do?
        - King Felix''s perfect game I just caught the last couple innings, but watching him finish that off was magical.

Oh, I forgot. I went to three the Copa America games in Philly and to final in New Jersey where Messi blasted the ball into row 30 in the penalty shootout.

Comment

Oh yeah, and seeing 3 NFL Tie Games in person. I don't know of many people who have seen 3 in person, including one in London

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

Oh, I forgot. I went to three the Copa America games in Philly and to final in New Jersey where Messi blasted the ball into row 30 in the penalty shootout.
            It really was a fun tournament. Makes you look forward to the World Cup in five years

It doesnt hurt that Chile completely obliterated Mexico, either.

Comment

It really was a fun tournament. Makes you look forward to the World Cup in five years

It doesnt hurt that Chile completely obliterated Mexico, either.
              Go Germany.

Comment

Working...
              X