Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh. No longer a need for an asterisk. History was saved.

#coachkundefeatedornoone

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post
      Heh. No longer a need for an asterisk. History was saved.

#coachkundefeatedornoone
      Did Bobby Knight and his team have a gay ass party last night like the 72' Dolphins?

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Did Bobby Knight and his team have a gay ass party last night like the 72' Dolphins?
        I’m not entirely sure. Laettner was certainly smiling. Never again will Suggs’ buzzer-beater be compared to “The Shot”. Laettner, and Duke, went on to win it all. Suggs & Co. did not. If Duke lost to the Fab Five, Laettner’s shot would be a curious footnote, in one of the better-played NCAA Elite Eight games in a while. You remember the winners.

Comment

Also, it’s a shame Gonzaga fans aren’t wired the same way as Kentucky fans. It’s kinda hard to embrace the schadenfreude, when your fans aren’t getting “39-0,” (or in at least one case, erroneously, 40-0) tattooed on their arms.

Comment

Also, it’s a shame Gonzaga fans aren’t wired the same way as Kentucky fans. It’s kinda hard to embrace the schadenfreude, when your fans aren’t getting “39-0,” (or in at least one case, erroneously, 40-0) tattooed on their arms.

Gonzaga fans went to school there or have family who did. They’re college educated. Most dumbass fans of big state schools didn’t. Obviously those schools have huge alumni bases too but such a large portion of those fanbases have no affiliation with the school.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

Gonzaga fans went to school there or have family who did. They’re college educated. Most dumbass fans of big state schools didn’t. Obviously those schools have huge alumni bases too but such a large portion of those fanbases have no affiliation with the school.
              While true, I feel like Gonzaga could be on the precipice of achieving that. They are, in a lot of ways, on the same trajectory as Duke from the late-80’s. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. And, I’m sorry, but part of that is that, in terms of conference, they’re a gigantic fish in a very small pond.

This isn’t doing them any favors. They need to find a way into a power conference to really be tested. I’ll admit, they play an impressive OOC schedule. But, those games are blips on the radar by mid-season. At this point of the season, Gonzaga is pretty much on cruise. They’re peaking at the wrong time. Even in this tournament, they peaked at the wrong time.

Comment

How did this thread actually get WORSE after it being a moot topic?

Comment

While true, I feel like Gonzaga could be on the precipice of achieving that. They are, in a lot of ways, on the same trajectory as Duke from the late-80’s. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. And, I’m sorry, but part of that is that, in terms of conference, they’re a gigantic fish in a very small pond.

This isn’t doing them any favors. They need to find a way into a power conference to really be tested. I’ll admit, they play an impressive OOC schedule. But, those games are blips on the radar by mid-season. At this point of the season, Gonzaga is pretty much on cruise. They’re peaking at the wrong time. Even in this tournament, they peaked at the wrong time.

No power conference will take them because of no football.

Comment

They allowed a rapey christian Texas school ruin a historic run by a west coast school?

Either the NCAA was asleep at the wheel or people stop caring once you get to the final 4 since everybody's bracket's all fucked to hell by then.

Comment

Originally posted by ibleed View Post
                      They allowed a rapey christian Texas school ruin a historic run by a west coast school?

Either the NCAA was asleep at the wheel or people stop caring once you get to the final 4 since everybody's bracket's all fucked to hell by then.
                      Rapey? It's much worse than that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Patrick_Dennehy

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
                        How did this thread actually get WORSE after it being a moot topic?
                        Because of posts like this.

Comment

No power conference will take them because of no football.
                          This is pretty much it. Theres no Big East in the west, meaning there's no basketball only power conference that non football schools can gravitate to. There's not even an American that'd be opening to taking a team like Wichita State. Gonzaga's best hope would be the Mountain West, but at this point I'm not sure the MW is all that better than the WCC.

Also, the notion that Gonzaga can't play tough teams because they're in the WCC is idiotic. They played the 2 (Iowa), 3 (Kansas), 4 (Virginia), 5 (Creighton), 6 (USC) and 8 (Oklahoma) seeds in their region, and won by an average of 16.5 points. Thats not magically invalidated because they just happened to run up against a better team having a better night in the last game.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
                            Also, the notion that Gonzaga can't play tough teams because they're in the WCC is idiotic. They played the 2 (Iowa), 3 (Kansas), 4 (Virginia), 5 (Creighton), 6 (USC) and 8 (Oklahoma) seeds in their region, and won by an average of 16.5 points. Thats not magically invalidated because they just happened to run up against a better team having a better night in the last game.
                            I touched on this, and again, those games are often early in the season.

Comment

Honestly, the entire state bandwagons the Zags. Even people I know who think everything east of the cascades is a bunch of bumpkin rednecks still root for Gonzaga. Its definitely a point of pride for the state. The only ones who dont like Gonzaga are the absolute ride-or-die UW fans who are pissed some dinky school out East has a better team than them, and theres probably about a thousand of those guys total.

But Washington sports fans are too fatalistic to do something like preemptively get a tattoo. Everyone I talked to had some underlying feeling that the bottom was going to drop out on Gonzaga sooner or later. I guess we can just be lucky they made it til the last game before it did.
                              Last edited by Pollaski; 04-06-2021, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X