X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OU wide receiver Spencer Jones picks fight with wrong guy

https://nypost.com/2021/02/22/spence...oom-bar-fight/

Comment

Ya don't pick a fight with a trained MMA fighter kids. I dont care how big of a badass you think you are, you will get humbled.

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post
        Ya don't pick a fight with a trained MMA fighter kids. I dont care how big of a badass you think you are, you will get humbled.
        170lb wrestlers will mess you up every time. That said MMA kids could have showed more restraint. Denim jacket got knocked out by being slammed into the wall and then the dude starts punching him.

Comment

Glad to see everyone social distancing.

Comment

So a good story... I'm a 6'2 230 lb HS Senior going on to play DII. My cousin is a 145 lb HS Junior who eventually wrestled at Iowa State. At Christmas my dad dared us to wrestle. I didn't want to as I had him by 100lbs.

He pinned my ass in about 30 seconds in my grandmother's living room.

He is currently a HS wrestling coach in Nebraska.

Yeah I don't mess with wrestlers.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
              So a good story... I'm a 6'2 230 lb HS Senior going on to play DII. My cousin is a 145 lb HS Junior who eventually wrestled at Iowa State. At Christmas my dad dared us to wrestle. I didn't want to as I had him by 100lbs.

He pinned my ass in about 30 seconds in my grandmother's living room.

He is currently a HS wrestling coach in Nebraska.

Yeah I don't mess with wrestlers.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It still amazes me how many people don't know how to fight. Every stands flat footed and squared up against their opponents. My best friend was a wrestler at Welborn, so we sparred a lot growing up. Maybe learning to fight him, he was about my size but had about 40 pounds of fat on me. He would usually win if I let him get me to the ground, so it taught me to never go to the ground with someone bigger than me. I also learned how to keep from going to the ground.

I also enjoyed teaching small kids the lesson that getting inside my wingspan just lets me throw elbows instead of fist. I could always use more force because I didn't have to worry about breaking my hand (which I have done).

Comment

Correction, you don’t pick a fight with anybody. Story time.

When I was in my late teens I was kind of an asshole. I didn’t torture kids or anything, but I was definitely quick to fight if the opportunity arose and I felt justified. Well, one day I fucked with the wrong kid and despite only being maybe 140 pounds and 5’9” on a good day, he kicked my monkey ass. I’ve never been hit like that before or since, dude had fucking rocks for hands or something.

So yeah, moral of the story is, just don’t fuck with people. Try and resolve things peacefully and be a good person.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Correction, you don’t pick a fight with anybody. Story time.

When I was in my late teens I was kind of an asshole. I didn’t torture kids or anything, but I was definitely quick to fight if the opportunity arose and I felt justified. Well, one day I fucked with the wrong kid and despite only being maybe 140 pounds and 5’9” on a good day, he kicked my monkey ass. I’ve never been hit like that before or since, dude had fucking rocks for hands or something.

So yeah, moral of the story is, just don’t fuck with people. Try and resolve things peacefully and be a good person.
                  I'm sort of the same way. I do my best to avoid fights, but I also train weekly in case I can't avoid the fight. The only thing worse than getting into a fight is losing a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

I'm sort of the same way. I do my best to avoid fights, but I also train weekly in case I can't avoid the fight. The only thing worse than getting into a fight is losing a fight.
                    I feel truly bad for the person that puts their hands on me or mine and forces me to get violent, but unless it comes down to that, I’m not going there. I’m not going to risk catching a charge or going to jail or getting hurt over someone being a douche bag. I’ll just laugh at them and move on with my life.

Honestly though, I can’t say I’ve had this problem much in recent years. I get along with pretty much everybody to one extent or another, and if I don’t, I just don’t fuck with them. Keeps things really peaceful.

Comment

I don’t know what kind of diseases you’d get wrestling on the floor of a college bar bathroom. I rather try takeout in Wuhan than touch the floor of a college bar bathroom.

Comment

I got in a lot of fights ages 11-15, but basically just chilled out after that. I almost kicked a 40 something guys ass in front of his wife in O'Hare airport when I was 22, but he backed down and ran away when I got serious. He was one of the biggest assholes I've encountered, but I could tell he didn't want to fight. It was enough that they called security, lol.

I've never even been close to getting in a bar fight to my knowledge. I'm a happy drunk, so I don't have issues.

One time a few years ago on Halloween, I was in a really crowded bar and was trying to get through. Some people were trying to get through the other way. Black dude who was probably about 6ft 4 230 is like, move, back up. There's like 10 people behind me also pushing, and I'm like, I can't, there's no room. He looked probably drunk.

Suddenly he just picks me up like a feather(I'm 6ft 1 and not a skinny teenager) and uses me as a human plow to clear out everyone behind me and then gently sets me down. It wasn't even malicious, lol. My original reaction was like "WTF", and I just stood there for a second and then just went on with my night. I mean, it was an asshole move on his part, but sometimes it's just better to LMFAO and move on with life.

..and yes, I echo what fuq said about wrestlers/bar fight situations. I have done a fair bit of martial arts and boxing, but no thank you. You are liable to be very uncomfortable at best.

Comment

As for this fight above. I'd love to know the full context. Looked like wrassler had a bloody nose before it even started. The wipe the blood on the face then punch for the first shot was a little cheap, but hey, I get it, he's not fighting to lose.

Apparently Gooner boy is suing.

Comment

I remember when Oklahoma pd and folks tried to make Joe Mixon the victim after he knocked that girl out. Weird culture out there.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
                              As for this fight above. I'd love to know the full context. Looked like wrassler had a bloody nose before it even started. The wipe the blood on the face then punch for the first shot was a little cheap, but hey, I get it, he's not fighting to lose.

Apparently Gooner boy is suing.
                              Back in the day you'd take your lumps and moved on, we raised a generation of pansies.

Comment

Working...
                              X