Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JTrain View Post
    So...the Panthers just traded for Darnold...
    I mean, they gave up some picks but I think they may have given up too much for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

I mean, they gave up some picks but I think they may have given up too much for it.
      I don’t think so. I’m long on Sam Darnold, the dude can play he just had a shitty coach and was on a bad team.

Comment

• Originally posted by worldofx View Post
        Darnold lucked out getting to play for Rhule and Joe Brady.

Guessing they take Sewell or Slater at 8.
        Major upgrade for Darnold...not so sure on the Panthers side. Gotta hope he just needed a change of scenery.

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

I don’t think so. I’m long on Sam Darnold, the dude can play he just had a shitty coach and was on a bad team.
          Oh, I get that..but was QB play really the problem at Carolina last year? That was more my point. Fresneck or Gyle would be better at answering this, but I believe a healthy McCaffrey and Oline will be enough to have them competitive with every team except Tampa in the division. They're giving up an awful lot for a position I'm not sure they really need.

Comment

• Originally posted by worldofx View Post
            Darnold lucked out getting to play for Rhule and Joe Brady.

Guessing they take Sewell or Slater at 8.
            Poor kid

Comment

Oh, I get that..but was QB play really the problem at Carolina last year? That was more my point. Fresneck or Gyle would be better at answering this, but I believe a healthy McCaffrey and Oline will be enough to have them competitive with every team except Tampa in the division. They're giving up an awful lot for a position I'm not sure they really need.
              Yes. QB was a major problem. Is Darnold a true upgrade to Bridgewater? Time will tell.

But, if this opens up the opportunity to grab a true, franchise LT, then it's completely worth the move to see how Darnold pans out over the next couple seasons.

Bridgewater is not good, regardless of how many people try to force the topic. Darnold might be worse, but we really don't know until we see him in a better system with better talent around him. Having a healthy CMC will help anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

Yes. QB was a major problem. Is Darnold a true upgrade to Bridgewater? Time will tell.

But, if this opens up the opportunity to grab a true, franchise LT, then it's completely worth the move to see how Darnold pans out over the next couple seasons.

Bridgewater is not good, regardless of how many people try to force the topic. Darnold might be worse, but we really don't know until we see him in a better system with better talent around him. Having a healthy CMC will help anyone.
                My only experience with Teddy is what he did at NO behind one of the best lines and a lot of weapons. I guess that can make any qb look good.

I didn't follow him much last year, but the few games I saw looked like he didn't have time or people to throw too. I think Darnold definitely has a higher upside, but gutting the meat of your draft for multiple years might be a bit much for him.

Comment

My only experience with Teddy is what he did at NO behind one of the best lines and a lot of weapons. I guess that can make any qb look good.

I didn't follow him much last year, but the few games I saw looked like he didn't have time or people to throw too. I think Darnold definitely has a higher upside, but gutting the meat of your draft for multiple years might be a bit much for him.
                  It did and it had a ton of less-than-critical thinkers believing he was ready to be the future for some organization.

He had a nice start to his career as a protected QB in Minnesota, but once that injury came, his career was basically over. I have no personal displeasure with the kid, but he's not a good QB. Plenty serviceable as a career backup, though.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...53111404785666

If the Niners somehow take the Bama qb I will be very happy. It’s dumb to draft Fields and not have him play much on his rookie deal when Ryan’s contract will keep him here for a few more years.

Comment

• Comment

• It gets worse each year

Comment

• What’s funny is with the dumb draft talk about leadership and intangibles and whatnot the media is using on different players, I forgot Mac Jones got a dui and got in a wreck a few years ago. Somehow Fields is the first to leave but Mac is a leader of men or whatever bullshit they pull out for white boy qb’s.

Comment

• Mac Jones surprised me last year and may be more of a "system" product in the way Blake Sims was turned into a superstar for a season by Lane Kiffin.

Comment

• Originally posted by riker7 View Post
                              Mac Jones surprised me last year and may be more of a "system" product in the way Blake Sims was turned into a superstar for a season by Lane Kiffin.
                              I think most average to above average qb’s could thrive with the allstar team of future nfl players Alabama puts around them every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

I think most average to above average qb’s could thrive with the allstar team of future nfl players Alabama puts around them every year.

You're telling me this guy isn't special?

Comment

Working...
                                X