• Show
Clear All

• Auburn

Hearing Mario Cristobal a lot.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Hamp View Post
    Hearing Mario Cristobal a lot.

24/7 reported Oregon was "close" to an extension yesterday but some of the Auburn people seem pretty insistent on him, so who knows what kind of SEC $ they throw at him.

Pac-12 is struggling pretty hard during this pandemic with financial stuff. Of course, Larry Scott is still the highest paid commissioner in the NCAA and sits in the high rent district of SF with his cronies.

Comment

Cristobal and Kevin Steele are the 2 names that people close are saying. Freeze isn't an option. Sounds like Steele may be a fall back if Cristobal doesn't commit. Not sure whyd you'd spend 25 million dollars or whatever to hire Kevin Steele but the SEC is irrational in general so wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Hearing 6 mil a year. 5 years, is the Auburn offer+ his buyout(which I think is around 5-6 million). Then the remaining 21 million to Malzahn. 55-57 million? Man, the SEC is loaded, lol.

Cristobal has delayed his presser at Oregon today, which could USC related or coaching related.
        Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 12-14-2020, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
          Hearing 6 mil a year. 5 years, is the Auburn offer+ his buyout(which I think is around 5-6 million). Then the remaining 21 million to Malzahn. 55-57 million? Man, the SEC is loaded, lol.

Cristobal has delayed his presser at Oregon today, which could USC related or coaching related.
          Well the new tv deal got announced and Auburn said fuck it. Let's go ahead and spend it. Lol

Comment

If it's Steele Auburn will be doing this again in 3 years. How do you fire an HC for poor performance and elevate one of his assistants?

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post
              If it's Steele Auburn will be doing this again in 3 years. How do you fire an HC for poor performance and elevate one of his assistants?
              You don't but would you be completely surprised?

Comment

You don't but would you be completely surprised?

No but, according to Bellefaye, the new AD is an outsider. I have to believe, with $21 million on the line, he is going to clean house.

Comment

No but, according to Bellefaye, the new AD is an outsider. I have to believe, with $21 million on the line, he is going to clean house.
                  You think the AD is running the ship there? Lol

Comment

Auburn is radio silent. No one has a clue. I’m thinking something will come out after signing day.

Comment

You think the AD is running the ship there? Lol

If he is not this probably won't end well. If it results in a 6+ year winning streak for Alabama I am all for it.

Comment

If he is not this probably won't end well. If it results in a 6+ year winning streak for Alabama I am all for it.
                        I don't think any AD truly runs anything. College is all about the power guys with money. If they really want something they will get it.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                          Auburn is radio silent. No one has a clue. I’m thinking something will come out after signing day.
                          Going through a head coach search or first year coach hire in the Early signing period era sucks but the new rules making it easier to transfer without sitting a year can help a little as you could still have options after the NSD dust settles. Only negative though would be that you also would be vulnerable to being poached while in flux.

Just hope your school doesn't rush things and hire a Willie Taggart without doing enough research.

Comment

To be fair, I would not be opposed to keeping him as DC. He's had some of the best defensive unit in the nation while there. Not sold on him as HC though.

Comment

Mandatory

Comment

Working...
                              X