Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auburn

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Auburn

    Hearing Mario Cristobal a lot.

    Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk


  • #2
    Originally posted by Hamp View Post
    Hearing Mario Cristobal a lot.

    Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    24/7 reported Oregon was "close" to an extension yesterday but some of the Auburn people seem pretty insistent on him, so who knows what kind of SEC $ they throw at him.

    Pac-12 is struggling pretty hard during this pandemic with financial stuff. Of course, Larry Scott is still the highest paid commissioner in the NCAA and sits in the high rent district of SF with his cronies.

    Comment


    • #3
      Cristobal and Kevin Steele are the 2 names that people close are saying. Freeze isn't an option. Sounds like Steele may be a fall back if Cristobal doesn't commit. Not sure whyd you'd spend 25 million dollars or whatever to hire Kevin Steele but the SEC is irrational in general so wouldn't surprise me.

      Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #4
        Hearing 6 mil a year. 5 years, is the Auburn offer+ his buyout(which I think is around 5-6 million). Then the remaining 21 million to Malzahn. 55-57 million? Man, the SEC is loaded, lol.

        Cristobal has delayed his presser at Oregon today, which could USC related or coaching related.
        Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 12-14-2020, 04:11 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
          Hearing 6 mil a year. 5 years, is the Auburn offer+ his buyout(which I think is around 5-6 million). Then the remaining 21 million to Malzahn. 55-57 million? Man, the SEC is loaded, lol.

          Cristobal has delayed his presser at Oregon today, which could USC related or coaching related.
          Well the new tv deal got announced and Auburn said fuck it. Let's go ahead and spend it. Lol

          Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk


          Comment


          • #6
            If it's Steele Auburn will be doing this again in 3 years. How do you fire an HC for poor performance and elevate one of his assistants?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by riker7 View Post
              If it's Steele Auburn will be doing this again in 3 years. How do you fire an HC for poor performance and elevate one of his assistants?
              You don't but would you be completely surprised?

              Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hamp View Post
                You don't but would you be completely surprised?

                Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
                No but, according to Bellefaye, the new AD is an outsider. I have to believe, with $21 million on the line, he is going to clean house.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by riker7 View Post
                  No but, according to Bellefaye, the new AD is an outsider. I have to believe, with $21 million on the line, he is going to clean house.
                  You think the AD is running the ship there? Lol

                  Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Auburn is radio silent. No one has a clue. I’m thinking something will come out after signing day.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Hamp View Post
                      You think the AD is running the ship there? Lol

                      Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
                      If he is not this probably won't end well. If it results in a 6+ year winning streak for Alabama I am all for it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by riker7 View Post
                        If he is not this probably won't end well. If it results in a 6+ year winning streak for Alabama I am all for it.
                        I don't think any AD truly runs anything. College is all about the power guys with money. If they really want something they will get it.

                        Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                          Auburn is radio silent. No one has a clue. I’m thinking something will come out after signing day.
                          Going through a head coach search or first year coach hire in the Early signing period era sucks but the new rules making it easier to transfer without sitting a year can help a little as you could still have options after the NSD dust settles. Only negative though would be that you also would be vulnerable to being poached while in flux.

                          Just hope your school doesn't rush things and hire a Willie Taggart without doing enough research.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by riker7 View Post
                            If it's Steele Auburn will be doing this again in 3 years. How do you fire an HC for poor performance and elevate one of his assistants?
                            To be fair, I would not be opposed to keeping him as DC. He's had some of the best defensive unit in the nation while there. Not sold on him as HC though.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Mandatory

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X