Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBT: Boxing

Tonight's Lopez v Lomachenko fight is one of the better technical fights I can remember from both sides of the ring.

Lopez looked like he had this fight won...Probably won four straight rounds. Now, in the later rounds, Lomachenko is reminding everyone why he's the best lightweight in a long time. Dude is so clean and technical and knows how to score points.

Very entertaining

Boxing rankings are fucking stupid.

Jose Ramirez in the clear-as-fucking-day best Junior Welterweight in the world is now the #2 ranked by ESPN. WTFF?!? All he did was embarrass Hooker (now 5) for the belts...Then worked Postol (now 6) to defend the belt. Josh Taylor fights some kid from the parking lot and he jumps to the top spot?!?

Fuck beans...Get these two in the ring already so The Pride of the Valley can unify all four belts. Sofa king stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
      Tonight's Lopez v Lomachenko fight is one of the better technical fights I can remember from both sides of the ring.

Lopez looked like he had this fight won...Probably won four straight rounds. Now, in the later rounds, Lomachenko is reminding everyone why he's the best lightweight in a long time. Dude is so clean and technical and knows how to score points.

Very entertaining
      This is, by far, the fight of the year.

Obviously there aren't many contenders for that title, but still. This has been a graduate-level class on how to box.

Comment

I honestly don't know who won

But, Loma dominated the back half...

Lopez won that final round.

Loma's headbutts are going to be watched much more closely after tonight.

Comment

fuck these judges

Comment

wait...scratch that

Those scores make zero fucking sense, but it's nice to see Lopez win this fight.

Fucking spectacular fight

Comment

I had it 115-113 to Lopez. Was convinced we had a draw until Lopez opened up that last round.

The scores are terrible, but at least they got the winner right.

Great fight.

Comment

fuck these judges
                LMAO. You were thinking Lopez was gonna get royally screwed when they were reading off the numbers too, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post

LMAO. You were thinking Lopez was gonna get royally screwed when they were reading off the numbers too, eh?
                  clearly.

I agree with your 115-113, but when one of the "respected" judges had 119-109, there was a clear screw job. Loma didn't get outscored by that much, but that "respected" judge apparently had beef with his approach in the early rounds...

It's hilarious when "respected" judges hold grudges and don't pay attention to a boxer's style.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
                    I had it 115-113 to Lopez. Was convinced we had a draw until Lopez opened up that last round.

The scores are terrible, but at least they got the winner right.

Great fight.
                    I cannot stress this enough. That shit had me pumped. I wish Lopez turned it on around the 10th, but he fucking rocked the final round. If he didn't tire himself out, he would've knocked out Loma's headbutting ass.

By far...Hands down...No debate...Fight of the year.

And, all those superlatives can just as easily be applied to the absurdity of the scoring.

Comment

I cannot stress this enough. That shit had me pumped. I wish Lopez turned it on around the 10th, but he fucking rocked the final round. If he didn't tire himself out, he would've knocked out Loma's headbutting ass.

By far...Hands down...No debate...Fight of the year.

And, all those superlatives can just as easily be applied to the absurdity of the scoring.
                      At least the result looks to have saved us from another Teddy Atlas near-heart attack.

Comment

Judges have seriously fucked up boxing to the point that I have to pray every fight ends in a KO, because otherwise there’s bound to be a bullshit decision.

Comment

Ready for the rematch already. Loma looked a bit rusty early on and Lopez punch volume #'s are insane.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
                            Ready for the rematch already. Loma looked a bit rusty early on and Lopez punch volume #'s are insane.
                            First time?

Comment

First time?
                              I mean, he often starts a bit slow with his offensive pace, but in terms of getting hit, yeah, looked like he hadn't fought in awhile. Lopez is also a very good boxing man.

Comment

Working...
                              X