Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODT: 2020 -2021 College Basketball

Practice starts in two days..... LOL @ Greg Marshall

I caddied today for Tony Guy. That is my contribution to the college basketball thread.

Comment

I mean. Uk lost everyone from a borderline sweet 16 team. Hooray?

Bring Bruce Pearl to Lexington

Comment

We had a 5* player transfer and Pritchard never got his last NCAA tournament run :-(

That said, N'Faly Dante is back. Hoping he can stay healthy this year!

Will Richardson is a stud, curious to see how he does becoming full time PG.

Comment

I saw Auburn got a recruit committed that’s from Hawaii. Growing up in Hawaii and moving to Auburn, Alabama should be seamless.

Comment

We’re picked 13th in the A-10 last I saw. I think we’ll do better. Not a tourny or NIT team yet though. Have a top 100 recruit coming in next year, have some allegedly solid transfers in this year. Energy around the program is good right now, but while last year was a wash...this year has to see some progress.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
              I saw Auburn got a recruit committed that’s from Hawaii. Growing up in Hawaii and moving to Auburn, Alabama should be seamless.
              It worked for Tua.

Comment

Penn State Basketball Coach Resigns After Allegedly Telling Black Player He Wanted to ‘Loosen the Noose’ Around His Neck, Claims He Meant to Say ‘Yoke’

Pat Chambers, who for nine years was the head coach for Pennsylvania State University’s men’s basketball, resigned on Wednesday, Oct. 21, following an internal investigation into an inappropriate comment he allegedly made to player Rasir Boltom in January 2019.

The day after a major home loss to Wisconsin, Chambers spoke to Bolton in the gym.

“I want to be a stress reliever for you. You can talk to me about anything. I need to get some of this pressure off you,” he said. “I want to loosen the noose that’s around your neck.”

Bolton’s parents emailed the athletic director after the comments were made. Penn State administrators called his words “intolerable.” Bolton was referred to the university’s white psychologist who suggested he get used to Chambers’ personality. Chambers did not undergo any diversity training.

Bolton said when he confronted Chambers about the exchange over the phone, the coach said he intended to make a biblical reference and meant to say the word “yoke,” and not “noose.”

Chambers said he apologized for the comment prior to the July article, but Bolton and his parents said he did not.

Bolton received hate mail on social media after Chambers announced his resignation, his father Ray Bolton said. He transferred to Iowa State the summer after the encounter.

Comment

Sources: Arizona Wildcats men's basketball team charged with nine alleged NCAA rules violations

The Athletic, which first reported the number of allegations, also reported on Sunday that Arizona has been charged with lack of institutional control and failure to monitor, and Wildcats coach Sean Miller has been charged with lack of head coach control.

The Athletic reported that it obtained the information from a letter that Arizona's outside attorney, Paul Kelly, sent to the NCAA requesting that the infractions case be referred to the Independent Accountability Resolution Process (IARP), which was formed to handle complex cases.

On Friday, Arizona officials acknowledged receiving a notice of allegations from the NCAA, but declined to release it or provide details.

A special meeting of the Arizona board of regents is scheduled for Monday.

The Athletic reported that Wildcats women's swimming and diving coach Augie Busch also is charged with a head coach control violation.

Arizona is the eighth university to publicly acknowledge receiving an NCAA notice of allegations related to information obtained from a federal investigation into bribes and other misconduct in college basketball, joining Kansas, Louisville, NC State, Oklahoma State, South Carolina, TCU and USC.

Comment

Congratulations to Auburn and Kansas for being granted the opportunity to play THE Saint Joseph’s University this year.

https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/sta...769602562?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
                      Congratulations to Auburn and Kansas for being granted the opportunity to play THE Saint Joseph’s University this year.

Nice work on sacking up and playing KU, a lot of programs don't have the balls.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Nice work on sacking up and playing KU, a lot of programs don't have the balls.

New coach is an anyone, anytime, anywhere type of coach. We have a top 150 recruit from last year transferring in this year, and a top 100 recruit coming in next year.

We’ll be outclassed in those two games most likely, and I have no idea what to expect this year but there’s reason for optimism in the future. Just hoping to see how the new system runs with some of the coaches players. Last year was a wash because of the bitchmade way Martelli handled getting shitcanned.

Comment

New coach is an anyone, anytime, anywhere type of coach. We have a top 150 recruit from last year transferring in this year, and a top 100 recruit coming in next year.

We’ll be outclassed in those two games most likely, and I have no idea what to expect this year but there’s reason for optimism in the future. Just hoping to see how the new system runs with some of the coaches players. Last year was a wash because of the bitchmade way Martelli handled getting shitcanned.
                          Well Kansas is going to be down by their standards as well. De Sousa opted out of the season.... I mean they still have talent, but not Duke and Kentucky talent.

I just read that KU will open up the season vs. Gonzaga Shaggys on Nov 25th.

I'll enjoy the smack talk when the time comes.

Comment

Auburn is going to be pissed after COVID ruined our second final 4 run.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Well Kansas is going to be down by their standards as well. De Sousa opted out of the season.... I mean they still have talent, but not Duke and Kentucky talent.

I just read that KU will open up the season vs. Gonzaga Shaggys on Nov 25th.

I'll enjoy the smack talk when the time comes.
                              I’m not seeing Duke cutting down many nets this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X