Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
    I get it, but the Dodgers can also afford to keep guys they develop. They aren't the Yankees and really buying free agents back in the day.

It was so frustrating seeing guys like Johnny Damon, Cone, Dye, Beltron, etc come through the Royals only to be sold off to the Yankees and Mets once they were good and asking to get paid.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That's a fair criticism of the Royals.

Comment

• Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
      I get it, but the Dodgers can also afford to keep guys they develop. They aren't the Yankees and really buying free agents back in the day.

It was so frustrating seeing guys like Johnny Damon, Cone, Dye, Beltron, etc come through the Royals only to be sold off to the Yankees and Mets once they were good and asking to get paid.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nothing bad to say about the Dodgers outside of the idiot with covid. Had Dodgers over Yankees for preseason pick.

Yeah, they have a high payroll, but they developed their team over time.

MLB is a much better product than the NBA right now, but they have marketing issues/demographic issues.

I do think there's some tweaking they could do in terms of "the shift" and encouraging teams to move away from "walk/HR/K outcomes". Lowering the mound is a good one I've heard thrown around as well as banning things like Yankee Stadium.
        Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 10-29-2020, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
          Nothing bad to say about the Dodgers outside of the idiot with covid. Had Dodgers over Yankees for preseason pick.

Yeah, they have a high payroll, but they developed their team over time.

MLB is a much better product than the NBA right now, but they have marketing issues/demographic issues.

I do think there's some tweaking they could do in terms of "the shift" and encouraging teams to move away from "walk/HR/K outcomes". Lowering the mound is a good one I've heard thrown around as well as banning things like Yankee Stadium.
          The Dodger fan base lives in East LA. They shutdown Whittier Blvd. (so those who don't know about LA - East LA is the hispanic part of town where everything is in spanish - its why they call them Los Doyers.

Comment

• So, is deGrom #2 or #3 for the NL Cy Young?

Only reason I have any interest in him not winning is where it puts his career shares. Second puts him right around 15th all-time in Cy Young shares. Not too shabby for seven seasons in the league. He's already higher than Dwight Gooden, considered by many to be the second best Mets pitcher. He'll need another win to pass Tom Seaver, though. And about 10 more good-to-great seasons.

Gotta' keep my fingers crossed for a healthy pitching staff next season. The top three in that rotation has potential to be lethal, but I'm not holding my breath quite yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
              So, is deGrom #2 or #3 for the NL Cy Young?

Only reason I have any interest in him not winning is where it puts his career shares. Second puts him right around 15th all-time in Cy Young shares. Not too shabby for seven seasons in the league. He's already higher than Dwight Gooden, considered by many to be the second best Mets pitcher. He'll need another win to pass Tom Seaver, though. And about 10 more good-to-great seasons.

Gotta' keep my fingers crossed for a healthy pitching staff next season. The top three in that rotation has potential to be lethal, but I'm not holding my breath quite yet.
              Our new owner seems like a badass. At the very least, he won't be cheap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlauQnQajNE

Comment

• Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

Our new owner seems like a badass. At the very least, he won't be cheap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlauQnQajNE
                You know it's hard to be an optimist and a Mets fan at the same time, but I like everything I'm hearing so far.

Comment

Working...
                X