Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPT: 2020 MLB Postseason

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just so happy for Vin.

    Comment


    • Wow Turner was pulled because he tested positive.

      Good thing there wasn't a Game 7.

      Comment


      • Positive test for Turner. Wow

        Comment


        • I honestly didn't know the Dodgers hadn't won one since 1988.

          Similar to KC in 15' since 85'.

          Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • Fuck fear.

            Glad Turner went back out to celebrate. 99.9% survival rate. Memories last forever.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
              Yep 2nd highest payroll wins it all, who would have thought.

              Amazing...

              JK Worldo... Congrats man

              Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              Starting lineup:

              Betts – Red Sox didn't want him
              Seager – drafted
              Turner – Mets didn't want him
              Muncy – A's didn't want him
              Smith – drafted
              Bellinger – drafted
              Taylor – Mariners didn't want him
              Pollock – Diamondbacks didn't want him
              Barnes – Marlins didn't want him

              Subs:

              Hernandez: Marlins didn't want him
              Pederson: drafted (also, Angels didn't want him)
              Rios: drafted

              Pitchers:

              Gonsolin: drafted
              Floro: Reds didn't want him
              Wood: Reds didn't want him
              Baez: Signed in 07 as an amateur free agent
              Gonzalez: Signed in 12, obviously the ace of the staff
              Graterol: Red Sox didn't want him
              Urias: Signed in 12 as a 16-year-old



              Best team money can buy

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Gyle View Post

                Starting lineup:

                Betts – Red Sox didn't want him
                Seager – drafted
                Turner – Mets didn't want him
                Muncy – A's didn't want him
                Smith – drafted
                Bellinger – drafted
                Taylor – Mariners didn't want him
                Pollock – Diamondbacks didn't want him
                Barnes – Marlins didn't want him

                Subs:

                Hernandez: Marlins didn't want him
                Pederson: drafted (also, Angels didn't want him)
                Rios: drafted

                Pitchers:

                Gonsolin: drafted
                Floro: Reds didn't want him
                Wood: Reds didn't want him
                Baez: Signed in 07 as an amateur free agent
                Gonzalez: Signed in 12, obviously the ace of the staff
                Graterol: Red Sox didn't want him
                Urias: Signed in 12 as a 16-year-old



                Best team money can buy
                This is the case with most "mercenary" teams...Except the Sox. Somehow, they bought their entire organization, yet people point fingers at the Yankees and Dodgers for going 60/40:homegrown/FAs, at worse.

                Most sports fans aren't smart enough to look beyond the stat box in the corner of the screen, though...So, this lamenting bullshit will continue to infinity and beyond.

                Comment


                • 2020 Dodgers. Moneyball 2.

                  Comment


                  • LA = Covid asterisks seasons that really don’t count in my complexity unbiased not bitter at all opinion National Champions.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
                      LA = Covid asterisks seasons that really don’t count in my complexity unbiased not bitter at all opinion National Champions.
                      Comeon Rams!!!

                      Comment


                      • Titles are only legitimate if my team wins them. All other titles have an * next to them.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JTrain View Post
                          Titles are only legitimate if my team wins them. All other titles have an * next to them.
                          I mean we didn't even play 162 games this year so definitely a * next to this year


                          But a W is a W is a W - suck it!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Gyle View Post

                            Starting lineup:

                            Betts – Red Sox didn't want him
                            Seager – drafted
                            Turner – Mets didn't want him
                            Muncy – A's didn't want him
                            Smith – drafted
                            Bellinger – drafted
                            Taylor – Mariners didn't want him
                            Pollock – Diamondbacks didn't want him
                            Barnes – Marlins didn't want him

                            Subs:

                            Hernandez: Marlins didn't want him
                            Pederson: drafted (also, Angels didn't want him)
                            Rios: drafted

                            Pitchers:

                            Gonsolin: drafted
                            Floro: Reds didn't want him
                            Wood: Reds didn't want him
                            Baez: Signed in 07 as an amateur free agent
                            Gonzalez: Signed in 12, obviously the ace of the staff
                            Graterol: Red Sox didn't want him
                            Urias: Signed in 12 as a 16-year-old



                            Best team money can buy
                            The problem is that you're probably using "didn't want him" instead of "couldn't afford to sign him".

                            Like KC with Moustakas, Hosmer, Cain, Wade Davis, etc.

                            It might have been 30 years, but don't confuse yourself with small market struggles.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

                              The problem is that you're probably using "didn't want him" instead of "couldn't afford to sign him".

                              Like KC with Moustakas, Hosmer, Cain, Wade Davis, etc.

                              It might have been 30 years, but don't confuse yourself with small market struggles.

                              Turner, Muncy, Taylor, Barnes, and Kiké were all either part of low-level trades or straight up dumped by those respective teams.

                              Mookie and Pollock are literally the only players on the Dodgers roster who are there because of their financial situation.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by worldofx View Post


                                Turner, Muncy, Taylor, Barnes, and Kiké were all either part of low-level trades or straight up dumped by those respective teams.

                                Mookie and Pollock are literally the only players on the Dodgers roster who are there because of their financial situation.
                                I get it, but the Dodgers can also afford to keep guys they develop. They aren't the Yankees and really buying free agents back in the day.

                                It was so frustrating seeing guys like Johnny Damon, Cone, Dye, Beltron, etc come through the Royals only to be sold off to the Yankees and Mets once they were good and asking to get paid.

                                Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X