Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODT: College Basketball regular season.

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ODT: College Basketball regular season.

    Ie: the thread where I’ll try to find the slightest of positive things heading into the future while we hopefully rebuild in the post Martelli era.

  • #2
    Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
    Ie: the thread where I’ll try to find the slightest of positive things heading into the future while we hopefully rebuild in the post Martelli era.
    This is the fun part of the year where we get to laugh at teams for losing to DII schools.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

      This is the fun part of the year where we get to laugh at teams for losing to DII schools.

      We chucked up over 30 3s again our D-III exhibition and our new coach wanted us to shoot more 3s. You’d love to watch us this year, lmao.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post


        We chucked up over 30 3s again our D-III exhibition and our new coach wanted us to shoot more 3s. You’d love to watch us this year, lmao.
        It's a wash, you shot 54% from two and 35% from three. I'd rather have the high percentage bucket.....

        I like using the 3 to open up the paint, but I don't like it as an attack first weapon.

        Comment


        • #5
          As with seemingly every season with Oregon, we have players injured/NCAA not making decisions on waivers/eligibility stuff going on. We will probably suck, get our players back, and then be good in March, be like a 10 seed and then make the elite 8 and nobody that actually follows college basketball and Dana Altman will be surprised.

          Somehow the NCAA still hasn't made an eligibility determination on 5* C N'Faly Dante. He completed all his classes, got his test scores, grades, etc, but the NCAA has to go back and look at like his freshman year in Africa to see if those HS credits count. They've taken since August...
          Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 11-05-2019, 02:38 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Just to outline how depleted our roster is, we lost a transfer to Louisville, one to Providence, and one left early and is on an NBA two way contract...a fuckton of talent for the A-10..that only went 14-19 (LMFAO @ Martelli)

            Comment


            • #7
              Get your KU hats on America, time to dispatch of Duke in 2 hours.

              Comment


              • #8
                Salty after the Cade Cunningham news

                Back to back years of losing to Bruce Weber/Bruce Pearl in tourney
                No staff changes
                Continuing to fail at recruiting any top end talent.

                Yay! Another year of hoping it "all comes together in March" and maybe get lucky.

                TIPS OFF IN 2 HOURS!
                CAN'T WAIT!

                I fucking hate everything

                Comment


                • #9
                  Jesus, what is #15's name on Duke?

                  Wilbert Steinberger?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well, with just 8 scholarship players overall and six available and not a point guard or center on the roster we won as home dogs vs Bradley (picked 2nd in the MVC, returned most players from a team that made the tourny).

                    I’m encouraged.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Lots of credit to Duke, but KU had 27 turnovers.... Clean that shit up.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
                        Well, with just 8 scholarship players overall and six available and not a point guard or center on the roster we won as home dogs vs Bradley (picked 2nd in the MVC, returned most players from a team that made the tourny).

                        I’m encouraged.
                        I saw that you have Villanova and Florida coming up.

                        Ouch

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by boomie View Post
                          Salty after the Cade Cunningham news

                          Back to back years of losing to Bruce Weber/Bruce Pearl in tourney
                          No staff changes
                          Continuing to fail at recruiting any top end talent.

                          Yay! Another year of hoping it "all comes together in March" and maybe get lucky.

                          TIPS OFF IN 2 HOURS!
                          CAN'T WAIT!

                          I fucking hate everything
                          Should have hired his brother.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            There's no earthly reason for UK to be ranked #2.

                            They're going to lose a bunch early, then get called overrated when it wasn't their choice to be ranked this high preseason

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Regular season doesn't start until March.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X