Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Week 7: Heartland Power Rankings - Sponsored by AARP

Just schedule the CCG for next week and give Ohio State and Wisconsin 2 months to prepare for the Rose Bowl and College Football Playoff.

1. THE: Buzzsaw marches on.

2. Wisconsin: Bucky Badger absolutely shit on Michigan State. They aren’t going to drop a single game in the West. Hell, West teams may not score another point on this defense going forward, aside from maybe Purdue. Just crown their asses and get it over with.

3. Penn State: For as highly ranked as their offense has been, their O against teams with a pulse has not been good. Defense is legit, though. Ohio State probably beats this team by 21 but provided they don’t piss the bed versus Michigan, this is an 11-1 team.

4. Minnesota: It’s time to have a conversation with your kids about undefeated Minnesota. They absolutely destroyed Nebraska and will likely be 8-0 and likely ranked 12th or so when they play (likely) undefeated Penn State on 11/9. Insane. Even though they chant “We Hate Iowa” and I hate Fleck, I’m at the point where I don’t even care, enjoy your golden season, rodent fans.

5. Michigan: They are a tiltowheel of a team right now that is, I think, trending upward. Intriguing game against Penn State next week, though I expect Patterson will have a meltdown in Happy Valley. Then again, in this series, Michigan has made some huge plays, so who knows. I just hope it’s a fun game.

6.Iowa: Elite defense wasted on absolutely abysmal interior line play, and a shook QB. I don’t know how you bounce back from 7 and 5 point losses like that against “brand” programs. At this point, the season goals have to be to beat Fat Fuck Boomer Fitzgerald, at least give Wisconsin a scare, ruin Minnesota’s season, and try to prevent Nebraska from being bowl eligible. I could see Iowa struggling to get bowl eligible if they don’t fix their offense immediately, while having a top 5 scoring D in the country. LMFAO

7. Michigan State: Michigan State didn’t even get off of the bus, wow. Their offense has been off again on again but the defense, yikes. Absolutely bullied. Dantonio scowls on a good day so I’m sure he’s absolutely melting down. Maybe if he ran a program that had institutional control, his players would be more disciplined on the field. Just a thought. Fuck Dantonio, in a league filled with pricks and blowhards, he’s by far the worst.

8. Purdue: I guess one dominant win over a bad team and they zoom up the ratings. That’s life in the bottom half of the B1G. Purdue can absolutely line up and beat anyone ranked 4 or below this year but they have just choked away some wins and were hit with injuries.

9. Nebraska: Tough to win with a back-up QB on the road but the game wasn’t even competitive. Nebraska’s defense is broken, and the offense is broken. Kind of like Iowa, Michigan State, I don’t know if Frost can recover in-season after a loss like that. It’ll be a fight to get bowl eligible. At least they get a bye-week in order to get healthy.

10. Illinois: I think this Illinois team is decent, for Illinois non-existent standards. Yes, I’m just recycling comments now, but I mean it. They are, at a minimum, “fun” to watch and have been competitive in conference. I’d give Lovie another 2 years to see if they can continue to build momentum.

11. Indiana: Still haven't watched a down of Indiana football. I saw the Rutgers boxscore though.

12. Northwestern: Probably won the bye-week in a low scoring affair that ended in a walk-off field goal. This isn’t a good team but they’ll play everyone tough because that’s just the way this stupid program is.

13. Maryland: Yikes. Like, big yikes. The wheels have completely come off the bus in College Park. It’s going to be a struggle to become bowl eligible at this point.

14. Buttgers: The Birthplace of football, just don’t ask what happened next.

Minnesota.

Comment

Iowa had some real questionable playcalling in that game. Saw a 3 yard bubble pass to a single WR behind the LOS against press coverage on 3rd and 8, lol.

Looks like rowing the boat is finally catching on in Minnesota.

Wisconsin and Ohio State look like juggernauts and I continue to contend that Penn State is overrated nationally, especially compared to those top 2.

Comment

Wisconsin's the first team to shut out four of its first six opponents since Minnesota in 1962. And the 28 points they've given up have been essentially in garbage time.

Comment

Nebraska's backup QB's aren't even backup QB's as they have 0 depth. These are basically walk ons that held the clipboard in HS....

Which is why Frost shouldn't be an idiot and run QB draws with the starter. That is the ONE thing you NEVER do if you ONLY have ONE GOOD QB.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
            Nebraska's backup QB's aren't even backup QB's as they have 0 depth. These are basically walk ons that held the clipboard in HS....

Which is why Frost shouldn't be an idiot and run QB draws with the starter. That is the ONE thing you NEVER do if you ONLY have ONE GOOD QB.
            I said that either last year or pre-season this year as one of my reasons for thinking Nebraska wasn't going to be the team they were predicted to be. He's not a big dude, and has had health issues so far in his career. Not the body type you want to take hit after hit. He would be better just scrambling on set passing plays, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
              Iowa had some real questionable playcalling in that game. Saw a 3 yard bubble pass to a single WR behind the LOS against press coverage on 3rd and 8, lol.

Looks like rowing the boat is finally catching on in Minnesota.

Wisconsin and Ohio State look like juggernauts and I continue to contend that Penn State is overrated nationally, especially compared to those top 2.
              Legit dunno what you call when your team's guards cant even block a lineman, let alone pick up a blitz. They were doing whatever they could to get the ball out of Stanley's hands.

Comment

Originally posted by BiasedHuckeye View Post

Legit dunno what you call when your team's guards cant even block a lineman, let alone pick up a blitz. They were doing whatever they could to get the ball out of Stanley's hands.
                Put a TE out there or big WR to at least cross block and give the guy a chance. I get you're limited with guards that are incompetent against Michigan and Penn State, who have good defenses, but at the same time Army racked up yards/points on Michigan, there's some scheme things that were just out of wack.

Comment

I couldn't help but laugh during the Iowa/Penn State game when they were showing photos of all the great OL Iowa's had over the years. Its like rub it in how bad it is now, why dontcha?

Comment

Put a TE out there or big WR to at least cross block and give the guy a chance. I get you're limited with guards that are incompetent against Michigan and Penn State, who have good defenses, but at the same time Army racked up yards/points on Michigan, there's some scheme things that were just out of wack.
                    I dont think the triple option is a system you can pivot to and install for just one game on a weeks practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post

I dont think the triple option is a system you can pivot to and install for just one game on a weeks practice.
                      Of course not, but if Army's "guards" can effectively block Michigan, then Iowa has someone on their roster that can do it with the right play call.

Comment

Of course not, but if Army's "guards" can effectively block Michigan, then Iowa has someone on their roster that can do it with the right play call.
                        They lost both starting guards before Michigan which at the time wasnt really a concern at the time because it was a rotation, and also because they were getting the starting LT back. But i don't know, they just completely forgot how to play. I rarely have seen an iowa team have confidence issues but the offense lost it. I mean, every time they got inside the 40 or the 30 against PSU or Michigan, they just hit a wall. It was just weird.

I just dont know where the QB's head is after getting sacked like 12 times and hit 25-30 times the past two games.

Comment

Working...
                        X