Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 team playoff has caused Elitism

In college football? Read someone talk about how there is about 6 teams that really have the ability to make it to the playoffs since it started this 4 team thing and it has elevated the recruiting of those teams and basically created a divide between those schools and everyone else that may not be made up until they increase the pool of playoff teams.

Just thought it was interesting and have noticed it's basically a rinse and repeat in college football right now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

IT's an interesting idea. As a fan, the Rose Bowl and winning the Pac-12 and beating the shit out of our rivals still matters more than the Playoff to me.

I think the playoff centric thing is more of a national media thing....that and Clemson and Bama are blatantly paying players and the NCAA doesn't care.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
      IT's an interesting idea. As a fan, the Rose Bowl and winning the Pac-12 and beating the shit out of our rivals still matters more than the Playoff to me.

I think the playoff centric thing is more of a national media thing....that and Clemson and Bama are blatantly paying players and the NCAA doesn't care.
      You would rather Oregon play in the Rose Bowl than play in the playoff?

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard.

Comment

At least we’re paying players instead of taking all the Nike money and funneling it toward the staff.

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post
          At least we’re paying players instead of taking all the Nike money and funneling it toward the staff.
          It is really entertaining to see an Oregon fan whine about paying players.

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

You would rather Oregon play in the Rose Bowl than play in the playoff?

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard.

2 seasons:
            A: Beat UW and OSewe, win the pac-12, win the Rose Bowl
            B: Lose to UW or OSewe, make the playoff with 1 loss, get the shit kicked out of us by Clemson or Alabama in the 1st round of the playoff.

Taking A every single time. Most Oregon fans would do the same. I know VTech hasn't been in the payoff, but you don't get a trophy for participation.

Now if Oregon has a team with a legit shot to WIN the playoff at some point, then yeah, of course I'd rather have the playoff chance.
            Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 10-09-2019, 03:21 PM.

Comment

That's fine, up it to 16 teams then.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Comment

2 seasons:
                  B: Lose to UW or OSewe, make the playoff with 1 loss, get the shit kicked out of us by Clemson or Alabama in the 1st round of the playoff.

Taking A every single time. Most Oregon fans would do the same. I know VTech hasn't been in the payoff, but you don't get a trophy for participation.

Now if Oregon has a team with a legit shot to WIN the playoff at some point, then yeah, of course I'd rather have the playoff chance.
                  LMFAO @ an Oregon fan throwing shade at VT. You're just west coast us.

Also, you're still stupid as fuck for thinking Rose Bowl > Playoff. That's loser attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

LMFAO @ an Oregon fan throwing shade at VT. You're just west coast us.

Also, you're still stupid as fuck for thinking Rose Bowl > Playoff. That's loser attitude.
                    I used to feel that way about VTech around like...2009...the last 10 years? Not so much. Ya'll been fucking around and losing to East Carolina and going to no name bowls too often.

Those who aren't Heartlanders or west coasters can't understand the paegentry, so it's no surprise you feel that way.

Comment

Has it really though? Look at the last few years of the BCS. Ohio State, Oklahoma, Alabama...those teams are still there now.

I think a few teams have turned the corner at the right time, Clemson being one of them. While parity is stronger than ever when you go top to bottom, it's still a game of the few elites. I don't feel like the playoff has changed any of that.

Comment

I'd say it's more of a winning the national title thing. I don't follow your logic on wanting to play in the Rose bowl more than playing for the championship

Comment

2 seasons:

Well I mean if you know a gauranteed loss is coming but your average fan has some belief and faith in their team and you do too. In a real scenario no fucking way you are choosing A. In a made up scenario you are reacting completely non emotional and making a choice you never would if it were realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by theBHMAguy View Post
                            Has it really though? Look at the last few years of the BCS. Ohio State, Oklahoma, Alabama...those teams are still there now.

I think a few teams have turned the corner at the right time, Clemson being one of them. While parity is stronger than ever when you go top to bottom, it's still a game of the few elites. I don't feel like the playoff has changed any of that.
                            Alabama is the outlier. Take Bama out and you have different people winning championships ever year. 11 teams in 16 years won it in the BCS and that includes Bama winning it 3 times.

In the last 4 championships only 3 different schools make up those 8 teams.

Doug Dickey was the one speaking about it. Didn't really like the 4 team setup and thought it created this unintended consequence and said it's really played out that way in recruiting. Thought it had some validity once I read it and looked. Until Bama went on a roll it was really different teams in the championship run every year.

Last edited by Hamp; 10-09-2019, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
                              That would be great.

Comment

Working...
                              X