Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nutt View Post

Trade for Mookie and back up the Brinks truck. Move Rendon to 2B or trade Suarez?
    Move him to 2nd. Can't trade Suarez under the deal. Probably the best value in the Majors right now.

More likely, they'll sign someone like Grandal

Comment

• My preseason WS pick is still alive.

Comment

I've been watching the game with a buddy of mine who's from LA. He was bitching about Kershaw coming in and wanted Joe Kelly. When Kelly gave up the slam, I looked at him and said "so, about Joe Kelly again? You forgot the Nationals owned him when he pitched in St. Louie." I thought I was going to be the top story "News from overnight: troll murdered over baseball game."
        Your "buddy from LA" must not actually watch the team. Anyone who's paid attention to the Dodgers wanted Maeda for the long haul over Kershaw/Kelly/whatever once Buehler came out.

Comment

• I was on the toilet for the grand slam. That was probably the best place to be.

Good for Howie Kendrick, though. He had been the punching bag all series long. I would've guessed Zimmerman would do something like that, but that's a great redemption story for Kendrick to come through like that.

Kenta Maeda should've gotten the ball when Buehler came out, and he should've finished out the game. Kershaw should not have gotten the ball when he did, and neither should Kelly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gyle View Post

Your "buddy from LA" must not actually watch the team. Anyone who's paid attention to the Dodgers wanted Maeda for the long haul over Kershaw/Kelly/whatever once Buehler came out.
            He wanted Maeda for the 9th. He wanted to bridge the gap with Kelly.

Comment

He wanted Maeda for the 9th. He wanted to bridge the gap with Kelly.
              Not sure I understand the logic, but it's likely still better than what Dave Roberts had in mind.

Comment

• This at least gives the Dodgers the chance to hire Joe Maddon before the Angels can.

Comment

• To be fair, I did tell all of y’all that this was a 100+ win team with even an average bullpen.

See what happens when we didn’t even have to look at the bullpen outside of our two decent guys.

Gonna be a lot harder to pull of in a seven game series but pitching is lined up well. We’ll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post
                    To be fair, I did tell all of y’all that this was a 100+ win team with even an average bullpen.

See what happens when we didn’t even have to look at the bullpen outside of our two decent guys.

Gonna be a lot harder to pull of in a seven game series but pitching is lined up well. We’ll see.
                    I wish you the best in the NLCS. Like I warned all my Braves fan friends around here, playing the Cardinals in the playoffs is a fucking nightmare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gyle View Post

I wish you the best in the NLCS. Like I warned all my Braves fan friends around here, playing the Cardinals in the playoffs is a fucking nightmare.
                      We are very much aware, unfortunately.

Comment

• I’m rooting for the Nats the rest of the way. Fuck St Louis.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                          I’m rooting for the Nats the rest of the way. Fuck St Louis.
                          Salty tears are quite tasty.

Comment

• Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Comment

• Just because this is the highest bumped baseball thread....but Gabe Kapler got fired and hurray to that.

I guess of all the teams left...go Astros :/

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post
                                Be afraid. Be very afraid.
                                Oh look, it's daCat's third post about baseball this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X