Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future of American Men's Tennis

Finally, some hope on the horizon. For those who don't follow tennis, the Orange Bowl is the big year end Junior's tournament for U-18 kids. Alumni winners include Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal. This year, 2 FIFTEEN year old Americans made the finals. A fifteen year old had never even made the finals before.

Stefan Kozlov, whom I've mentioned before and Francis Tiafoe. Tiafoe won in a closely contested 3 sets. I think both of these kids could end up being top 10 players when they get older. Which will be really needed for the American men's game.

Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 12-16-2013, 11:18 AM.

Francis Tiafoe not Tiore. His brother Franklin plays as well and apparently cusses up a storm. So he plays like I would. Stefan Kozlov is going to represent the USA? He's not going to switch to represent say Macedonia? What about Michael Mmoh, Grant? He made the quarterfinals.

Still I prefer when someone plays Tennis like Fabrice Santoro

Comment

Good. About GD time

Comment

Yeah, those names sound American.

Comment

Tiafoe was born in the U.S.

Sampras was as Greek as Kozlov is Macedonian with the exception of where they were born. Slim to none chance he plays for Macedonia.

I haven't seen any of Mmoh.

Comment

Originally posted by Gator View Post
            Yeah, those names sound American.
            Agassi sure sounds American too.

Comment

Heading to Australia:

Comment

Are they dating or something?

Comment

are his shoes melting

Comment

The future of American tennis is resting on the shoulders of kids name Stefan Kozlov and Francis Tiafoe

FUCK off

Comment

Originally posted by MiniTerp View Post
                      are his shoes melting
                      The black kid is from College Park, you should be proud.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

The black kid is from College Park, you should be proud.
                        do we even have a tennis team anymore? honest question LMAO

i cant see the picture so i dont know what we're talking about, i was just referring to the heat wave

Comment

Originally posted by MiniTerp View Post

do we even have a tennis team anymore? honest question LMAO

i cant see the picture so i dont know what we're talking about, i was just referring to the heat wave
                          Not from the University, the town/College Park Tennis program. http://www.jtcc.org

Most of the good players from there probably go to UVA.

Comment

yeah that's a really nice facility there

Comment

Kozlov, still only 16 made the finals of a challenger event in Sacramento last week. He beat multiple top 200 players and the 99th ranked player in the world.

Sam Querrey(former top 20 in the world player) beat him in the finals 6-4 6-3. Querrey on the bandwagon, saying he thinks Kozlov has top 10 talent.

Another guy I didn't mention in this thread is Jared Donaldson, who is 17 and has been pro for about a year now and got into the U.S. open this year. I don't think he has top 10 talent like the other 2, but could be a top 30 guy.

I still think Tiafoe is the most talented of the 3, but he's struggled with consistency this year.

Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 10-09-2014, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X